1. To what city is Florence compared in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(d) New York.
2. What is the name of Michelangelo's famous sculpture, which is mentioned in the first paragraph of Chapter 1?
(c) The Trinity.
(d) The Pieta.
3. What is in the middle of the main piazza of Florence?
(a) A statue commemorating Pope Clement VII.
(b) A restaurant with a great deal of outdoor seating.
(c) A huge fountain.
(d) A parking lot.
4. Where is Donatello's David?
(a) The Palazzo Strozzi.
(b) The Bargello.
(c) The Uffizi.
(d) The Baptistery.
5. What adjective does the author use to describe Venice and Siena in Chapter 1?
6. What is the name of the river that runs through Florence?
(a) The Arno.
(b) The Riviera.
(c) The Tigris.
(d) The Danube.
7. What is the bird of Florence?
(a) A bluebird.
(b) A crow.
(c) A swallow.
(d) A sparrow.
8. Who is the patron saint of Florence?
(a) Saint Jerome.
(b) Saint John the Baptist.
(c) Saint Augustine.
(d) Saint Cecilia.
This section contains 3,444 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)