|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "7: you're planning ahead"-"8: Nassun underground" .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nassun call Schaffa to shake him out of the stupor he enters after she powers the Station?
2. What were Houwha's people called during his time in Syl Anagist?
3. Why can Essun sense Nassun using magic and orogeny?
(a) Nassun is Essun's daughter.
(b) Nassun has a powerful magnet.
(c) Nassun is very nearby.
(d) Nassun is bound to the sapphire obelisk.
4. What is wrong with Essun's arm when she wakes up at the beginning of the novel?
(a) It has been broken.
(b) It has been chopped off.
(c) It has been burnt.
(d) It has been turned to stone.
5. Who is the one person that Nassun says she would regret destroying with the Obelisk Gate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Essun suggest that the orogenes should stay awake all night as Castrima navigates the stone forest?
2. How did the tuners prefer to communicate?
3. How does the vehimal propel itself after Nassun summons it?
4. What happened to Maxixe and Essun's friend Crack?
5. Why is Nassun unable to use her silver to pass through the forest at Old Man's Pucker?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)