|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "7: you're planning ahead"-"8: Nassun underground" .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hoa take Essun after revealing that a stone eater wants to eat Nassun?
(a) Nassun's location in Old Man's Pucker.
(d) Jija's body in Found Moon.
2. What happened to Maxixe and Essun's friend Crack?
(a) They were lost in a ravine.
(b) They were made part of a node maintainer.
(c) They were turned into a stone eater.
(d) They were murdered by soldiers from Rennanis.
3. Why is Schaffa unable to power the vehimal at the Station in Old Man's Pucker?
(a) He is too weak to generate enough power.
(b) Guardians are not allowed to operate vehimals.
(c) He does not remember how.
(d) He resists the silver magic flowing through him from the Earth.
4. With what does the deadciv Station share its origin and power source?
(a) The obelisks.
(b) The highroads.
(d) The Fulcrum.
5. Who is the Earth's lost child, for whose loss the Earth seeks vengeance?
(a) The orogenes.
(b) The stone eaters.
(d) The Moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the stone eater who plans to eat Nassun?
2. What does Nassun use to defend herself from Umber and Nida?
3. What is unusual about the animals and plants in Old Man's Pucker?
4. To what does Hoa compare his dwelling in the land where he was created?
5. Why does Essun suggest that the orogenes should stay awake all night as Castrima navigates the stone forest?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)