|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Syl Anagist: Zero” – "13: Nassun and Essun on the dark side of the world" .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Essun's arm when she wakes up at the beginning of the novel?
(a) It has been burnt.
(b) It has been chopped off.
(c) It has been broken.
(d) It has been turned to stone.
2. What is the food situation when Castrima first arrives in Rennanis?
(a) There is enough for half the comm to survive.
(b) There is more than the people of Castrima will ever need.
(c) There is barely enough to survive for a Season.
(d) There is none at all.
3. Where does Nassun sleep while in Corepoint?
(a) A tent.
(b) Inside one of the pylons.
(c) Out in the streets.
(d) An apartment.
4. What happened to Gallat and the other Conductors on the Moon?
(a) They had corestones lodged in their brains, giving origin to the Guardians.
(b) They were incinerated.
(c) They became stone eaters.
(d) They stayed on the Moon forever.
5. What does Nassun see fused with the Earth's core?
(a) Sunken volcanoes.
(b) Human faces.
(c) A giant statue.
(d) Sleeping Guardians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alma tell Yaetr Innovator Dibars in her reply to his letters?
2. The Leadership families of Yumenes believed that the world was once ruled by whom or what?
3. With whom was Kelenli raised?
4. What happened to Maxixe and Essun's friend Crack?
5. Where are Guardians made and kept?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)