|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “Syl Anagist: One” - "12: Nassun, not alone".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Steel tried to get someone to activate the Obelisk Gate before Nassun. Who was it?
2. What is unusual about the black vines Nassun finds in the Station?
(a) They emit poisonous spores.
(b) They have extremely powerful magic flowing through them.
(c) They have no silver magic of their own.
(d) They electrocute anyone who touches them.
3. How do the people of Castrima contain the captive soldiers from Rennanis in the first two chapters of the novel?
(a) They have all of the soldiers executed.
(b) They exile all of the soldiers.
(c) They keep the soldiers in a jail.
(d) They confine them in wooden devices called prangers.
4. What is The Wall?
(a) A huge obsidian wall surrounding Rennanis.
(b) A giant expanse of ash, fire, smoke and lightning.
(c) A broken ruin outside of Rennanis.
(d) A particularly large soldier from Rennanis.
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Essun travels with Castrima?
(a) She needs help traveling.
(b) She wants Nassun to have a home to return to.
(c) She is not sure where to find Nassun.
(d) She is desperate to see Rennanis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gallat take the tuners for their third lesson?
2. Who is the one person that Nassun says she would regret destroying with the Obelisk Gate?
3. Why does Hoa tell Essun that he is "safe" to love (172)?
4. How did Gallat react when he saw the briar patch?
5. Why can Essun sense Nassun using magic and orogeny?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)