"Prologue: Me When I was I" - "Syl Anagist: Five"
• The chapter titled "Prologue: me, when I was I" begins on page 1.
• The novel takes place in the distant future of planet Earth on a supercontinent known as The Stillness.
• The whole book is narrated by Hoa, a stone eater.
• Stone eaters are a mysterious race of humanoids who resemble moving statues. They are strong, fast and capable of swimming through solid ground.
• Hoa narrates his story to a woman named Essun, whom he refers to in the second person.
• Hoa describes the sprawling nation of Syl Anagist, which he destroyed.
• Syl Anagist was inconceivably advanced, featuring technology powered by a network of obelisks.
• The obelisks float in the sky and most still work even though Syl Anagist was destroyed.
• Before Syl Anagist's destruction, the obelisks remained on the ground.
• The obelisks draw a silver energy from living...
This section contains 5,216 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)