|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following feelings did Trevor experience upon learning of Sam's death in regard to his feelings for Molly?
2. Which best describes Molly's state as she wandered around Bucharest for the rest of the day?
3. When does Molly announce she will be leaving Bucharest?
4. When was the flight scheduled to leave for Bucharest?
5. Who informed Molly's father about the events that have transpired in regard to Sam?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sally Anne feel as Molly walks out of the bathroom naked?
2. Describe how Trevor feels about Molly.
3. What does Sam confess was his real deception?
4. Why does Molly walk out of the hospital when her father praises Sam?
5. How has the relationship between Molly and Jennifer changed?
6. What conflict is discovered as Molly attempts to leave Russia?
7. What causes Sam to stop abruptly in annoyance?
8. What are two reasons that Molly and Sally Anne get into a violent brawl?
9. What does Molly's father's dream signify and what does the fact that it becomes a joke signify?
10. What does Sam say about Sally Anne and what proof does he offer to back up his statements?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout this novel the author sets some voyeuristic overtones. Why do you think these overtones are particularly suited to this type of writing? Explain in detail.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how Molly deals with the secret of her husband's life as a spy? Does she reach a place of emotional security? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The author utilizes the weather to help demonstrate overall tones or feelings of specific chapters. Do you believe this is an effective writing strategy? Why or why not?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)