|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the car that runs Sam over?
2. Where does Molly tell Ivor he should say Molly is?
3. What accusation does Wallace make to Molly?
4. How does Molly feel when she is outside of the hospital escaping Ivor for a few minutes?
5. Which of the following descriptors are used to describe the experience between Molly and Trevor in his car?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the relationship between Molly and Jennifer changed?
2. What does Sam say about Sally Anne and what proof does he offer to back up his statements?
3. How does Molly get the locals to stop bothering her at the café?
4. What does Molly's father's dream signify and what does the fact that it becomes a joke signify?
5. How does Molly describe Monk and how does she feel around him?
6. Describe how Trevor feels about Molly.
7. What happens that causes Trevor to express delight in relation to Sam?
8. What are two reasons that Molly and Sally Anne get into a violent brawl?
9. What happens when Wallace presses Molly for information and what does Molly tell him?
10. Describe the sexual relationship between Monk and Molly.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Molly's life involves the constant seeking out of security and the attempt to find continuity. Do you believe she makes good choices? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write a character description and analysis about one of the main characters in this novel. Why did you choose this character? How does this character change throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
There are many events which are considered ironic throughout the novel. Describe on example and explain in detail while you find that to be the most important aspect of irony in the novel.
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)