|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Molly and Danny feel when it is time for Monk to leave?
2. How does Sally Anne arrive at Molly's door?
3. Which of the following best describes how Molly feels while on the plane?
4. Which of the following characters does Molly accuse of killing Sam?
5. How does Wallace say he will present Sam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the sexual relationship between Monk and Molly.
2. How does Molly describe Monk and how does she feel around him?
3. How does Molly get the locals to stop bothering her at the café?
4. What does Sam confess was his real deception?
5. What happens that causes Trevor to express delight in relation to Sam?
6. What does the tension described by the author between Jennifer and Molly create for the reader?
7. How does Sally Anne feel as Molly walks out of the bathroom naked?
8. Describe how Trevor feels about Molly.
9. What does the newspaper article about Sam's death save Molly from?
10. How has the character of Wallace changed in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Molly's life involves the constant seeking out of security and the attempt to find continuity. Do you believe she makes good choices? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of ambiguity continues throughout the novel and is not resolved even at the end of the novel? Why do you think the author chose this theme to continue even through the end of the novel? Do you believe this was an effective writing method? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how Molly deals with the secret of her husband's life as a spy? Does she reach a place of emotional security? Why or why not?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)