|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a synonym for incredulous?
2. Which of the following terms best describes Jennifer's level of happiness to see Molly?
3. Where does Molly agree to meet Monk?
4. Which of the following terms best describes the type of social life Molly had once she arrived in London?
5. What does Molly want from Aspinall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does the author reveal about Sam?
2. What background information is provided about Sam in Chapter 6?
3. Describe Molly's reaction to Aspinall throughout the chapter.
4. How did the people in Doncaster picture Molly's life?
5. What feeling is the reader left with in relation to Molly, Trevor and Jennifer's relationship?
6. In what way does Molly show her newfound confrontational style?
7. How do Iain and Jean react to learning the truth about Sam and what does Monk say about their reaction?
8. What does Molly do to give her an excuse to return to the café and why does she want to return?
9. What do the test results on Molly's mother indicate?
10. Which character confronts Molly at the beginning of this section and what does he want?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a character description and analysis about one of the main characters in this novel. Why did you choose this character? How does this character change throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how this novel could be considered a character analysis? Which character does this analyze? Do you feel it is a good example of a character analysis? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Molly's life involves the constant seeking out of security and the attempt to find continuity. Do you believe she makes good choices? Why or why not?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)