|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms describes how Danny and Ivor responded to Molly's arrival?
2. Where do Molly's parents go when she goes to meet Monk?
3. What nickname does Molly give to Trevor?
4. Where did Sam's ship have to stop due to engine trouble?
5. What does Molly tell Sam's boss about him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the test results on Molly's mother indicate?
2. What does Molly find her mother is doing when she looks behind the screen?
3. What does Wallace tell Molly were his motives for bringing Sally Anne to see her?
4. What does Molly do that her father finds disappointing?
5. What does Monk tell Molly that infuriates Molly?
6. Describe the manner in which Monk reveals the truth about Sam to Molly.
7. Describe Molly's reaction to Aspinall throughout the chapter.
8. What does Molly do to show her distrust of journalists?
9. What does the rose bush in the story represent and what symbolism does it portray by the end of the chapter?
10. How did the people in Doncaster picture Molly's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing how Molly deals with the secret of her husband's life as a spy? Does she reach a place of emotional security? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how this novel could be considered a character analysis? Which character does this analyze? Do you feel it is a good example of a character analysis? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the ongoing theme of jealousy throughout the novel. Does the author do a complete job of developing this theme? Why or why not?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)