|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Monk indicate may happen while Molly is in Doncaster?
(a) She will be watched, although she won't know about it.
(b) Monk will be traveling with her.
(c) She will be contacted by Sam.
(d) The Russians will attempt to kidnap her.
2. Who arrives at Molly's parents' house after her father leaves for work?
3. Which of the following terms best describes the character of Sam?
4. Which of the following terms describes how Danny and Ivor responded to Molly's arrival?
5. Which of the following characters is quite dependent on his wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Molly do to help her to be able to think clearly again?
2. How does Molly handle Monk's information about Sam?
3. What does Aspinall do to try to calm Molly down?
4. What does Monk believe Sam used as an excuse for meetings?
5. Which of the following terms best describes the type of social life Molly had once she arrived in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author portray the character of Monk to the reader?
2. What were the purposes the author provided for the marriage that was eventually called off between Molly and Trevor?
3. What does Monk do to try to keep the news from breaking in the newspaper?
4. What does Molly do to give her an excuse to return to the café and why does she want to return?
5. What does the rose bush in the story represent and what symbolism does it portray by the end of the chapter?
6. What does Molly do that her father finds disappointing?
7. What does Monk tell Molly that infuriates Molly?
8. What does Trevor reveal to Molly about his life and profession?
9. What information does Molly learn about the man who had approached her the night before?
10. What seems to bother Molly more than hearing that her husband is a spy and traitor?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)