|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Molly feel when her father tells her of her mother's poor health?
2. When Molly goes to visit her mother in the hospital what does she find?
(a) She finds that her mother died during the night.
(b) She finds her mother is in surgery.
(c) She finds her mother hidden by screens and tranquilized.
(d) She finds that her mother has left the hospital.
3. What type of car does Sam drive?
4. What causes Molly to release Aspinall?
(a) A second man arrives.
(b) Sam pulls into the driveway.
(c) The phone rings.
(d) She collapses from exhaustion.
5. What operation did Sam have that Molly was unaware of?
(c) Plastic surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Molly's dad to show distress when her mother goes into the hospital?
2. How do Molly and her father get to the hospital when it is raining hard?
3. What does Aspinall do to try to calm Molly down?
4. Which of the following characters works for the research unit of the Ministry of Defense?
5. What does Molly do that impresses both Sam and Monk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the author portrays the character of Molly and the character of Sam.
2. What seems to bother Molly more than hearing that her husband is a spy and traitor?
3. What does Molly do to give her an excuse to return to the café and why does she want to return?
4. What does Monk tell Molly that infuriates Molly?
5. What does Wallace tell Molly were his motives for bringing Sally Anne to see her?
6. How would Molly describe her marriage and life?
7. In what way does the author illustrate Molly's status in Doncaster?
8. Where did Molly meet Sam? Describe their relationship.
9. What information does Molly learn about the man who had approached her the night before?
10. What feeling is the reader left with in relation to Molly, Trevor and Jennifer's relationship?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)