|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who provided Wallace with the location of Molly's parents' home?
2. What does Molly threaten to do when Aspinall goes into the kitchen?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Call Sam.
(c) Call a newspaper.
(d) Run away.
3. What regret does Molly think about as she watches her home being searched?
(a) Not going to the theatre more often.
(b) Not living in a big city.
(c) Not marrying Trevor.
(d) Not having a more experimental relationship.
4. How does Molly feel when her father tells her of her mother's poor health?
5. What does Molly do to help her to be able to think clearly again?
(a) Takes a tranquilizer.
(b) Goes to bed and cries.
(c) Leaves the house.
(d) Drinks a big glass of tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Sam shuts the door?
2. Who does Wally take Molly to see at a nearby hotel?
3. What does Monk do for Molly to make her feel better after he breaks bad news to her?
4. Who comes to the house to speak to Molly?
5. What profession does Wallace have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Molly learn about the man who had approached her the night before?
2. What does Monk do to try to keep the news from breaking in the newspaper?
3. Describe Molly's reaction to Aspinall throughout the chapter.
4. In what way does the author illustrate Molly's status in Doncaster?
5. How do Iain and Jean react to learning the truth about Sam and what does Monk say about their reaction?
6. What does Molly's dad tell her about her mother and how does she react to the information?
7. Explain two purposes the author may have for including the flashback that occurs in this chapter.
8. What background information is provided about Sam in Chapter 6?
9. What do the test results on Molly's mother indicate?
10. What does Molly do to show her distrust of journalists?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)