|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which best describes Molly's state as she wandered around Bucharest for the rest of the day?
2. What steps does Molly take to try and obtain a settlement to help her pay her daily expenses?
(a) She writes a letter to Monk.
(b) She pleads with the English government.
(c) She sues the life insurance company.
(d) She writes a letter to the Russian Embassy.
3. In what way does Monk offer Molly comfort when they return to the home she and Sam had shared?
(a) He spends the night in another room.
(b) He has Iain and Jean come to stay with her.
(c) He calls her father to come stay with her.
(d) He cleans the house out of all material that is Sam's.
4. How do Molly and Danny feel when it is time for Monk to leave?
(a) They want him to move into their house.
(b) They can't wait for him to leave.
(c) They do not want him to leave.
(d) They want him to take them with him.
5. Which of the following characters urges Molly to leave the scene with Sam's body?
(b) Sally Anne.
6. How did Molly's mother come through the operation?
(a) She did well.
(b) She did poorly.
(c) She was unable to have the operation.
(d) She died.
7. Where is Molly taken after she leaves the scene with Sam's body?
(a) Her own home.
(b) Parent's home.
8. Who does Molly sit with at dinner?
(a) Jennifer and Trevor.
(b) An elderly couple.
(d) Wallace and Sally Anne.
9. Where does Molly tell her parents she will be going?
(a) To visit Sam.
(b) Off on an adventure.
(c) Back home.
(d) To work as a typist.
10. What does Molly wonder about as she locks the door to her room?
(a) She wonders if Sally Anne will get drunk again.
(b) She wonders if Sam will make an appearance.
(c) She wonders if Monk came to Bucharest.
(d) She wonders if Wallace will continue to bother her.
11. Where does Sam say he is wanted?
12. Which of the following is not true about Trevor?
(a) He wants to marry Molly.
(b) He is in love with Jennifer.
(c) He holds a deep emotional attachment to Molly.
(d) He is angry and hurt.
13. How does Sally Anne arrive at Molly's door?
(a) She is drunk.
(b) She is crying.
(c) She is abusive.
(d) She is carrying a weapon.
14. Which of the following words best describes the interaction between Molly and Jennifer in the supermarket?
15. What accusation does Wallace make to Molly?
(a) He accused her of telling the newspaper to fire him.
(b) He accused her of telling Monk that he was a spy.
(c) He accused her of sending the KGB to interview him.
(d) He accused her of telling Sallie Anne that she loved him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sally Anne do that causes Molly to get up and leave the room completely?
2. Why is the plane Molly gets on virtually deserted?
3. Who is Sam in Chapter 24?
4. Who joins Molly and Sally Anne for dinner?
5. How does Sally Anne feel about her drunken fight?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)