|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Molly leave the hospital before visiting hours are over?
(a) She leaves early to get dinner for her father.
(b) She leaves early to go and see Monk.
(c) She leaves early to go and meet Trevor.
(d) She leaves early to pick up her father.
2. Which character has entered Molly's bedroom while she was taking a bath?
(c) Sally Anne.
3. When does Molly announce she will be leaving Bucharest?
(a) 5:00 that day.
(b) 8:00 the next day.
(c) 3:00 on Monday.
(d) 12:30 the next day.
4. What accusation does Wallace make to Molly?
(a) He accused her of telling Monk that he was a spy.
(b) He accused her of sending the KGB to interview him.
(c) He accused her of telling Sallie Anne that she loved him.
(d) He accused her of telling the newspaper to fire him.
5. What steps does Molly take to try and obtain a settlement to help her pay her daily expenses?
(a) She pleads with the English government.
(b) She writes a letter to Monk.
(c) She writes a letter to the Russian Embassy.
(d) She sues the life insurance company.
6. Why is the plane Molly gets on virtually deserted?
(a) There is a strike.
(b) She doesn't know.
(c) It was reserved just for her.
(d) Monk removed the other passengers.
7. Where is Molly taken after she leaves the scene with Sam's body?
(a) Parent's home.
(b) Her own home.
8. Where does Molly tell Ivor he should say Molly is?
(a) He doesn't know.
(b) At the hospital.
9. In what way do Sam and Sally walk together?
(a) In silence.
(b) She grabs his arm and pulls him.
(c) He physically forces her.
(d) He guides her.
10. Who does Molly marry at the end of this novel?
11. Which of the following feelings did Trevor experience upon learning of Sam's death in regard to his feelings for Molly?
12. When was the flight scheduled to leave for Bucharest?
(a) That night.
(b) The next day.
(c) At the end of the week.
(d) That afternoon.
13. What reason, besides seeing Sam, does Sally Anne give for wanting Molly to cooperate with Wallace?
(a) So she can meet Monk.
(b) So Molly will be discredited.
(c) So she can cash in on her story.
(d) So that Molly will be out of her life forever.
14. What does Molly do to the door of her hotel room as she leaves?
(a) She leaves a note for Sam on it.
(b) She hangs a sign on it for housekeeping.
(c) She leaves the door open.
(d) She displays a Do Not Disturb sign.
15. When does Molly learn that she is pregnant?
(a) On her wedding day.
(b) When she moves to Moscow.
(c) When her mother is released from the hospital.
(d) On the day of Sam's funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Molly and abuses her mercilessly over the phone line?
2. What happens which interrupts Molly and Trevor's conversation?
3. Why does Trevor come over to Molly's parents' home?
4. Who is following Molly on foot with the hopes to see Sam?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Monk's reaction to Molly's emotional nature in regard to her mother?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)