|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes how Trevor reacted to Molly's admirers?
2. What does Sam tell Molly before he leaves?
(a) He will be gone for a long time.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He will buy her a new rose bush.
(d) He cannot stay at home anymore.
3. What does Aspinall do to try to calm Molly down?
(a) Held her as she cried.
(b) Reassure her nothing is wrong.
(c) Offered to call a neighbor.
(d) Make her tea.
4. What do Molly's thoughts center on while she heads off to meet with Monk?
(a) Finding more information about Trevor and Jennifer.
(b) Her mother's health.
(c) Seeing Sam again.
(d) Hiding the meeting from her family and friends.
5. What is an example of something thoughtless Molly's mother does while in the hospital?
(a) She tells the doctor that she does not like him.
(b) She tells Molly's father that he is insensitive to her needs.
(c) She tells a patient the end of the book she is reading.
(d) She tells Molly that Sam is the best thing that has ever happened to her.
6. How did Molly feel once she learned that Trevor was engaged to Jennifer?
7. How does Monk respond to Molly's angry tones about the stranger she observed the previous night?
8. How does the author describe Molly's exterior facade for most of the meeting with Aspinall?
9. Which of the following do Molly and her mother not talk about?
(a) Family gossip.
(b) Friends gossip.
(c) Mother's health.
(d) Father's health.
10. What does Molly think the person who arrives at her door after Sam leaves is?
11. Who provided Wallace with the location of Molly's parents' home?
12. With what literary device does this chapter begin?
13. What causes Molly's dad to show distress when her mother goes into the hospital?
(a) Doctor's unprofessional behavior.
(b) Lack of communication.
(c) Uncertainty of the situation.
(d) Molly's short temper.
14. Which of the following characters works for the research unit of the Ministry of Defense?
15. How does Molly feel when her father tells her of her mother's poor health?
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease is Molly's mother diagnosed with in Chapter 9?
2. How much older than Molly was Sam?
3. Which of the following best describes how Molly feels when she sees how her husband has parked his car in the driveway?
4. What action does Trevor do while at the hospital that surprises Molly?
5. What did Sam drive over and carelessly ruin?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)