|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of club does Ivor usually go to?
2. What does Molly want from Aspinall?
3. What nickname does Molly give to Trevor?
(a) Don Juan.
(c) Super Stud.
4. Which character does Ivor remind Molly of?
5. Why does Molly refuse to stay at Jean's house?
(a) She wants to be there in case Sam comes home.
(b) She is too numb to leave her own home.
(c) It helps her feel more in control to stay at home.
(d) She is afraid of Jean and Iain.
6. Who comes to the house to speak to Molly?
(a) Danny and Ivor.
(b) Monk and Aspinall.
(c) Ian and Jean.
(d) Sam and a colleague.
7. What does Aspinall show Molly to convince her he is not a salesman?
(a) Pictures of Molly.
(b) Pictures of Sam.
(d) Court documents.
8. Who do Molly and her mother see while they are drinking coffee?
(a) Monk and Aspinall.
(b) Trevor and his wife.
(c) Russian spies.
(d) Sam and a woman.
9. When Molly goes to visit her mother in the hospital what does she find?
(a) She finds her mother hidden by screens and tranquilized.
(b) She finds that her mother died during the night.
(c) She finds that her mother has left the hospital.
(d) She finds her mother is in surgery.
10. For what country is Sam a spy?
11. How does Molly feel after learning about the test results and information about her mother's health?
(d) Caught off guard.
12. How does Monk respond to Molly's angry tones about the stranger she observed the previous night?
13. What does Molly do when her mother calls about their plans for the weekend?
(a) Tells her mother the whole story.
(b) Refuses to take her mother's phone call.
(c) Lies about Sam's whereabouts.
(d) Passes the phone to Monk to explain the situation.
14. What does Molly tell Sam's boss about him?
(a) He is at the police station.
(b) He is very ill.
(c) He has left her.
(d) He is a spy.
15. What does Molly's mother brag about to the hospital ward?
(a) Molly and Ivor's love for her.
(b) Sam's job as a journalist.
(c) Molly and Sam's glamorous life.
(d) Molly's intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Molly's house at the end of Chapter 4?
2. What does Molly do that disappoints her father?
3. Which of the following descriptions best covers the approach that Monk takes with Molly?
4. How did Molly feel once she learned that Trevor was engaged to Jennifer?
5. What causes Molly's dad to show distress when her mother goes into the hospital?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)