|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aspinall do to try to calm Molly down?
(a) Held her as she cried.
(b) Reassure her nothing is wrong.
(c) Make her tea.
(d) Offered to call a neighbor.
2. What type of car does Sam drive?
3. Which of the following terms best describes the character of Sam?
4. What does Monk do for Molly to make her feel better after he breaks bad news to her?
(a) He takes her out for dinner.
(b) He cooks her Irish Stew.
(c) He provides her with a weapon.
(d) He listens to her talk about her childhood.
5. How does Molly feel after learning about the test results and information about her mother's health?
(c) Caught off guard.
6. What happens when Sam shuts the door?
(a) He traps leaves in the door.
(b) He breaks the screen door.
(c) The window panes rattle.
(d) The door knob falls off.
7. Where does Sam tell Molly he thinks Sam is located?
8. What does Molly think the person who arrives at her door after Sam leaves is?
9. Which of the following words best describes Molly's reasons for rejecting Trevor's advances on the one Saturday night described in this chapter?
(a) Moral reasons.
(d) Lack of desire.
10. How do Molly and her father get to the hospital when it is raining hard?
(a) They walk to the hospital.
(b) Monk takes them to the hospital.
(c) Jennifer takes them to the hospital.
(d) Trevor takes them to the hospital.
11. What does Molly threaten to do when Aspinall goes into the kitchen?
(a) Call a newspaper.
(b) Run away.
(c) Call Sam.
(d) Call the police.
12. Which of the following terms did the author use to describe how Molly thought her fiancé looked off of the sports field?
13. What is the park filled with which allows the dog to get lost?
(b) Other dogs.
14. What does Molly do when her mother calls about their plans for the weekend?
(a) Lies about Sam's whereabouts.
(b) Tells her mother the whole story.
(c) Refuses to take her mother's phone call.
(d) Passes the phone to Monk to explain the situation.
15. Which of the following is the known occupation of Sam in this story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes how Molly's mother felt about Sam's time away from home?
2. Who does Wally take Molly to see at a nearby hotel?
3. What do Molly's thoughts center on while she heads off to meet with Monk?
4. Which of the following characters works for the research unit of the Ministry of Defense?
5. Which of the following is a synonym for incredulous?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)