|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characteristics best describes the character, Monk?
2. What does Monk believe Sam used as an excuse for meetings?
(a) Dog walking.
(b) Researching leads.
(c) Meeting friends.
(d) Writing articles.
3. How does Monk respond to Molly's angry tones about the stranger she observed the previous night?
4. What does Molly's mother brag about to the hospital ward?
(a) Molly's intelligence.
(b) Molly and Sam's glamorous life.
(c) Molly and Ivor's love for her.
(d) Sam's job as a journalist.
5. Which of the following is the known occupation of Sam in this story?
6. What does Molly believe caused Sam to lose his sexual appetite?
(a) Stress of the spy life.
(b) Constantly being watched.
(c) Trying for a baby.
(d) Molly's family.
7. What does Aspinall show Molly to convince her he is not a salesman?
(a) Court documents.
(b) Pictures of Molly.
(d) Pictures of Sam.
8. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term asylum as used in the following sentence: The man had been seeking asylum in Russia.
9. What does Molly do after she looks at Sally Anne's engagement and wedding rings?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She laughs hysterically.
(c) She gets up and walks out of the hotel.
(d) She rips them off Sally Anne's finger.
10. Who provided Wallace with the location of Molly's parents' home?
11. Which of the following terms best describes how Trevor felt about the fact that Molly ended their relationship?
12. How does Molly feel when her father tells her of her mother's poor health?
13. Who do Molly and her mother see while they are drinking coffee?
(a) Monk and Aspinall.
(b) Trevor and his wife.
(c) Sam and a woman.
(d) Russian spies.
14. What does Aspinall do to try to calm Molly down?
(a) Reassure her nothing is wrong.
(b) Held her as she cried.
(c) Offered to call a neighbor.
(d) Make her tea.
15. Who comes to the house to speak to Molly?
(a) Ian and Jean.
(b) Monk and Aspinall.
(c) Danny and Ivor.
(d) Sam and a colleague.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an accurate descriptor for Molly's mother when she sees her again in Doncaster?
2. What does Molly want from Aspinall?
3. Which of the following describes how Molly's mother felt about Sam's time away from home?
4. What causes Molly to snap?
5. How does Molly describe her marriage to Sam?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)