|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bond try to shoot Horror?
2. What does Bond show Viv how to do?
3. What reason does Viv give for the vacancy sign being on?
4. What does Horror tell Viv she should not have done?
5. What is Horror's name short for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the tenth section.
2. How does the man at the front door persuade Viv to let him in?
3. What does Viv see in the cupboard?
4. Summarize the sixth section.
5. How does bond help Viv at the beginning of this section?
6. How does Viv prepare to attack the two men?
7. What does Viv tell Bond at the door?
8. What does Sluggsy do when he finds Viv?
9. Describe the character of James Bond.
10. Describe Horror's character.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Bond books greatly influenced modern literature and in particular crime books. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss there similarities in terms of
Essay Topic 2
Is it a good idea that Viv works at the motel considering the abuse she gets from the Phanceys? In what way does Viv's acceptance of the position and the way she deals with Mr. Pahancey's show her newfound confidence? Is Viv overconfident?
Essay Topic 3
THE SPY WHO LOVED ME is part of the spy fiction genre.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the Bond series help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in THE SPY WHO LOVED ME?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)