|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Viv think the light is?
2. What does Viv hide in her pants?
3. Why does Viv have to make the men more food?
4. What does Viv throw at Sluggsy to keep him away?
5. Where does Bond try to shoot Horror?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond think is Sluggsy and Horror's plan?
2. How does Viv prepare to attack the two men?
3. What does Sluggsy do when he finds Viv?
4. Why does Sluggsy not rape Viv?
5. Describe the character of James Bond.
6. Summarize the seventh section.
7. How does Viv try to escape?
8. What was Bond's last mission?
9. How do Horror and Slugsy overhaul Bond and Viv?
10. What does Bond tell Viv about himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is THE SPY WHO LOVED ME different from the other Bond books? Why did Fleming write THE SPY WHO LOVED ME so differently from the other novels? What does its differences add to the Bond series as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)