|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can the light not be an automatic light?
2. What does Bond instruct Viv to do?
3. What does Bond tell Viv to do?
4. What does Viv think the light is?
5. What city has Bond just finished a case?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does bond react to Viv telling him there is no room in the motel?
2. What does Bond tell Viv about himself?
3. How does bond help Viv at the beginning of this section?
4. What does Viv see in the cupboard?
5. Describe the character of James Bond.
6. What does Bond think is Sluggsy and Horror's plan?
7. Summarize the tenth section.
8. How do Horror and Slugsy overhaul Bond and Viv?
9. Describe Horror's character.
10. What does Sluggsy do when he finds Viv?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
THE SPY WHO LOVED ME is part of the spy fiction genre.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the Bond series help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in THE SPY WHO LOVED ME?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is THE SPY WHO LOVED ME different from the other Bond books? Why did Fleming write THE SPY WHO LOVED ME so differently from the other novels? What does its differences add to the Bond series as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)