|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man want Viv to do before he shows her his credentials?
2. What have Horror and Sluggsy done to the hotel?
3. What has Viv forgotten to turn off?
4. What animal does Viv say she feels as weak as?
5. What does Sluggsy tell Viv are all the same?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Viv react to the two men's criminal behavior?
2. Summarize the tenth section.
3. How does bond react to Viv telling him there is no room in the motel?
4. Summarize the seventh section.
5. What does Viv see in the cupboard?
6. How does Sluggsy force Viv to put down the chair?
7. What does Bond think is Sluggsy and Horror's plan?
8. Summarize the ninth section.
9. What does Sluggsy do when he finds Viv?
10. What was Bond's last mission?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the novel the police captain tells Viv that Bond is no different from the criminals he killed. What is the difference between Bond and the criminals? What are the similarities between Bond and the criminals? Does Bond have a bad side to do the job he does and kill so easily?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
In what way can Viv be seen as a strong character? How does Viv develop this strength in character? Has Viv always been a strong character? What do you think would have happened to Viv if she were a weaker person?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)