|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Phancey say has quit her job?
2. What cricket team were Kent playing at Lords?
3. What is the make of the motel's ice box?
4. In what German city does Viv meet Kurt?
5. Where is liquor in the hotel delivered from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Viv's final trip to Windsor.
2. How does Viv get a job at the Dreamy Pines Motor Court?
3. Summarize the second section.
4. Why does Viv have to stay an extra night at the motel?
5. Why does Viv cry?
6. Summarize the third section.
7. How do Viv and Kurt become close?
8. Summarize the first section.
9. How do the Phanceys persuade Viv to stay another night?
10. What happens when Viv turns on the vacancy sign?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is it a good idea that Viv works at the motel considering the abuse she gets from the Phanceys? In what way does Viv's acceptance of the position and the way she deals with Mr. Pahancey's show her newfound confidence? Is Viv overconfident?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the novel the police captain tells Viv that Bond is no different from the criminals he killed. What is the difference between Bond and the criminals? What are the similarities between Bond and the criminals? Does Bond have a bad side to do the job he does and kill so easily?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) What new elements does THE SPY WHO LOVED ME add to Bond's character?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)