|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Viv say she will never call a mirror again?
2. What does Viv say the air made a twang like?
3. What kind of bacon does Viv eat?
4. Why does Viv think she cannot survive in what she calls the big jungle?
5. What radio station does Viv listen to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the fourth section.
2. Summarize the second section.
3. How does Viv get a job at the Dreamy Pines Motor Court?
4. Describe the Dreamy Pines Motor Court motel.
5. What happens when Viv turns on the vacancy sign?
6. Why does Viv turn on the vacancy sign?
7. Why does Viv decide to move away from London?
8. Describe Viv's trip to Windsor.
9. How does Viv react after her abortion?
10. How do Viv and Kurt become close?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fleming writes THE SPY WHO LOVED ME in the first person and from Viv's perspective. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if Fleming wrote it in the third person?
Essay Topic 2
In what way can Viv be seen as a strong character? How does Viv develop this strength in character? Has Viv always been a strong character? What do you think would have happened to Viv if she were a weaker person?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Fleming's writing style. How would you describe Fleming's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Fleming's style give to the story?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)