|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Viv say has an eye on her?
2. Who does Viv visit in Canada?
3. Why can Viv only work at the motel for two weeks?
4. In what German city does Viv meet Kurt?
5. What music does Viv say Kurt did not like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Viv cry?
2. Why does Viv have to stay an extra night at the motel?
3. How do things change between Derek and Viv when Derek goes to Oxford?
4. What view does Viv now take of her failed romances?
5. Describe the character of Sluggsy
6. Summarize the second section.
7. Summarize the first section.
8. Why does Viv not want to stay another night at the motel?
9. How do Viv and Kurt become close?
10. Describe Viv's final trip to Windsor.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Why does Viv decide to travel to Florida? In what way does the decision mark a new beginning in her life? What can Viv achieve in Florida that she cannot achieve anywhere else?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)