|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of bulletin does Viv listen to on the radio?
(a) Traffic bulletin
(b) Political bulletin
(c) Crime bulletin
(d) Storm bulletin
2. What does Viv eat for supper the day before the Phanceys leave?
(a) Bacon and egg sandwiches
(b) Beans on toast
(c) Egg benedict
(d) Jam sandwiches
3. Where is liquor in the hotel delivered from?
(a) Lake George
(b) Lake Thomas
(c) Lake Washington
(d) Lake Franklin
4. What happens when Viv turns on the vacancy sign?
(a) It electrocutes her
(b) The sign falls down
(c) The light blows
(d) All the fuses blow
5. Which city does Viv say is sophisticated?
6. What kind of car do the Phanceys have?
(b) A Ferrari
(c) A Ford
7. Who does Mrs. Phancey say has quit her job?
(a) The receptionist
(b) The secretary
(c) The manager
(d) The cleaner
8. Why does Viv think she cannot survive in what she calls the big jungle?
(a) She cannot learn the language
(b) She is too poor
(c) She is too depressed
(d) She is too simple
9. What kind of work does Viv hope to find in Florida?
(a) Hotel management
(d) Copy writing
10. What kind of trees does Viv hate?
(a) Weeping willow
(b) Horse chestnut
(c) Silver birch
11. What is the name of the song the radio is playing?
(a) Ain't She Sweet
(b) Girl I Love You
(c) Hound Dog
(d) A Kind of Blue
12. Who does Kurt Rainier work for?
13. What does Viv say she will never call a mirror again?
(a) Peeping Tom
(b) Looking glass
(c) My point of view
14. What does Viv say the Phanceys had paid off?
(a) The telephone company
(b) The gas company
(c) The electric company
(d) The televison company
15. Where does Viv say the monsters came from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Viv help Kurt organize?
2. What street is the Royalty Kinema on?
3. What Canadian city does Viv fly to?
4. What word do people use instead of motel?
5. What does Mrs. Phancey say will happen if Viv does not stay?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)