Objective: Sandoz refuses to talk about his experiences on the foreign planet at first. Today's objective is to discuss whether it's necessary to have the priest talk about his experiences before he heals completely.
1. Have each student make a list of the reasons why Sandoz should not have to talk.
2. In smaller groups, have students discuss whether or not they think they'd be able to talk after a traumatic space trip. Why or why not?
3. As a class, have the students discuss how long they think others should wait before pestering Sandoz for information. Does it seem reasonable to allow him the chance to recover from his wounds? Why or why not?
4. Homework: Have students write about why they think people are so interested in hearing Sandoz's story immediately.
5. Homework: Have students discuss whether they think Sandoz should be forced to talk about his experiences. Why or...
This section contains 5,277 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)