|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which god does Hoopoe primarily worship?
2. John Cullinane is attracted to Vered Bar-el, but she is not interested in him since she's already engaged to whom?
3. As the book opens, Dr. John Cullinane arrives where?
4. In addition to a castle the team is looking for, the archaeologists believe that the Makor site will reveal what else?
5. During the time of Gomer, Makor is _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Jemail Tabari, Vered Bar-El, and Ilan Eliav, and how are they associated with John Cullinane?
2. Who is Yigal, and how does he become a leader of his people?
3. Describe what Makor is like around 2200 B.C.E.
4. Why do conflicts arise between Zadok's people and Uriel's people?
5. Who are Urbaal and Timna?
6. Describe how Ur and his family live during Makor's earliest days.
7. Describe Hoopoe's engineering projects.
8. Why do the priests of Makor have Urbaal killed?
9. Explain who Gomer and Rimmon are.
10. Who is Meshab, and how does he help Hoopoe with his water system project?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the following from the period around 1419 B.C.E.:
1. The desire to coexist in Makor between Zadok and his fellow Hebrews and Uriel and his Canaanite townspeople.
2. The conflicts that arise between the Hebrews and the Canaanites.
3. The epic battle that ensues between these two groups and its outcome.
Essay Topic 2
Select two characters in The Source whom you consider heroes. Why do they fit this description? What heroic acts did they perform? How did others benefit from their actions? How did they muster the courage to do what they did?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the main archaeologists at the Makor dig. What commonalities do they share? How do they represent the diversity of the region?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)