|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Governor Jeremoth has the walls of Makor rebuilt, what group is able to breach the wall and capture Makor?
2. Timon and Shelomith are ordered to be executed, but after news arrives that Herod is dead they _____.
(a) Are exiled to Antioch.
(b) Are freed.
(c) Find a way to escape.
(d) Are imprisoned indefinitely.
3. Where do Yigal and his group go to in order to protest against the Romans to Petronius?
4. The early inhabitants of Makor spend less and less time hunting and more time doing what?
(a) Building homes.
(b) Raising sheep.
(c) Tending fields.
(d) Chasing bees.
5. By 167 B.C.E., what additional religion has been introduced in Makor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does El-Shaddai tell Zadok about other gods?
2. Which god does Hoopoe primarily worship?
3. After Yahweh tells Gomer to take her son to Jerusalem, what does the widow suspect?
4. To keep his funding for the dig, Cullinane knows he has to produce what?
5. When Makor is part of the Seleucid Empire and an edict is given stating that Jews can no longer circumcise their male children, some Jews justify this order while others _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. When Michener fast forwards to the present-day dig at Makor in the chapter "Yigal and His Three Generals," what is Cullinane learning about the Ashkanazi and the Sephardi?
2. What are archaeologists hoping to find at Makor?
3. What happens after King David comes to inspect the water system that Hoopoe built?
4. Explain why Kerith is miserable in Makor.
5. Who are Jemail Tabari, Vered Bar-El, and Ilan Eliav, and how are they associated with John Cullinane?
6. Who are Urbaal and Timna?
7. Why does the leader of the Canaanites accept Zadok and his people?
8. How are Timon and Shelomith saved?
9. How is being the mouthpiece of Yahweh both a blessing and a curse for Gomer?
10. Why do Ur and his son work on building a dike?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)