|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Old Man And His God," the author paints a picture of Makor during what time period?
(a) 312 B.C.E.
(b) 1419 B.C.E.
(c) 1019 C.E.
(d) 42 C.E.
2. In 2200 B.C.E., how do the Makor villagers protect themselves?
(a) By training everyone to use spears.
(b) With a mote around their village.
(c) With a wall around their village.
(d) By hiring neighboring warriors to protect them.
3. The engineer Hoopoe is named after what?
(a) Egyptian lizard.
(b) Arabian mountain lion.
(c) Spanish deer.
(d) Israeli bird.
4. When Hoopoe needs new iron tools to dig tunnels, he travels to get them from where?
5. John Cullinane is attracted to Vered Bar-el, but she is not interested in him since she's already engaged to whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Under the leader Uriel, Makor is prosperous, having developed a monetary system utilizing what?
2. During the earliest days of Makor, who develops the practice of growing wheat ?
3. During the time of Gomer, Makor is _____.
4. Timon and Shelomith are ordered to be executed, but after news arrives that Herod is dead they _____.
5. Dr. John Cullinane is a respected what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the priests of Makor have Urbaal killed?
2. What kind of relationship does Zadok have with El-Shaddai?
3. Explain why Kerith is miserable in Makor.
4. What time and money investment will be required to complete the dig at Makor? How much finances does Cullinane have on hand?
5. Who is Paul Zodman, and how is he helping with the excavation at Makor?
6. Who are Jemail Tabari, Vered Bar-El, and Ilan Eliav, and how are they associated with John Cullinane?
7. Gomer is certain that her son is meant to accomplish a special purpose. Does he live up to her expectations?
8. How are Timon and Shelomith saved?
9. How is being the mouthpiece of Yahweh both a blessing and a curse for Gomer?
10. How do Yigal and his people prevent the Romans from delivering the offending statues?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)