|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cullinane and his group start digging up artifacts at Makor, including a bullet, a coin and a menorah but _____.
(a) These items went missing the next day.
(b) They were planted there by Eliav as a prank.
(c) None are from the time period of the castle.
(d) All these items came from Persia.
2. Who is Urbaal descended from?
3. Where do Yigal and his group go to in order to protest against the Romans to Petronius?
4. After Yahweh tells Gomer to take her son to Jerusalem, what does the widow suspect?
(a) That she's going crazy.
(b) That Jeremoth is behind this.
(c) That her son has been chosen for some task.
(d) That she and her son are being tricked.
5. The history of Makor begins with the family of a man named what?
6. During the time of the Seleucid Empire around 167 B.C.E., who is the leader of the Jewish community of Makor?
7. How long does Meshab work for Hoopoe on his major engineering project?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Fort y years.
8. Why does Urbaal buy a statue of the goddess Astarte?
(a) To protect his flock of sheep.
(b) To help restore his health.
(c) To protect his home and children.
(d) To help his wife be fertile.
9. Dr. Vered Bar-El is Israel's top expert in dating what?
(a) Bone fragments.
(b) Pottery fragments.
(c) Cloth samples.
(d) Soil samples.
10. Approximately how many of the Jews of Makor agree to support Yigal's plan to oppose the Romans?
(b) Ten percent.
(c) Ninety percent.
11. Why is Urbaal killed?
(a) So that his wife could marry another.
(b) He killed a man.
(c) He kidnapped the king's daughter.
(d) So that his house could be used by the priests.
12. After the Hebrews attack and burn Makor, the surviving Canaanites agree to do what?
(a) Farm the land.
(b) Leave immediately.
(c) Continue to worship Baal.
(d) Accept El-Shaddai.
13. Who perfects the planting techniques developed during Makor's earliest days?
(a) Urbaal's wife.
(b) Thor's father.
(c) Ur's son.
(d) Thurton's sister.
14. When Antiochus Epiphanes is declared a divine emperor, what is moved into the temple?
(a) The baby cradle that had belonged to the infant emperor.
(b) A sword the emperor used to kill his primary enemies.
(c) A gigantic head of the emperor.
(d) The silver crown once worn by the emperor.
15. Dr. Cullinane's expedition is being managed and administered by archaeologist Ilan Eliav, who works for a _____.
(a) Private library.
(b) Corporate sponsor.
(c) Government ministry.
(d) Public university.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives in Makor to help Yigal and his people fight against invading armies?
2. In the first chapter, the archaeologists are sure they've found the castle they're looking for in _____.
3. Leah, who is Zadok's daughter, wants to marry whom?
4. When Hoopoe needs new iron tools to dig tunnels, he travels to get them from where?
5. After Meshab becomes a free man, who gives orders to have him killed?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)