|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The history of Makor begins with the family of a man named what?
2. What does the name Epiphanes mean?
(a) Greater than all others.
(b) God made manifest.
(c) Wise chosen one.
(d) Handsome, charitable leader.
3. Why is Urbaal killed?
(a) So that his wife could marry another.
(b) He killed a man.
(c) He kidnapped the king's daughter.
(d) So that his house could be used by the priests.
4. To keep his funding for the dig, Cullinane knows he has to produce what?
5. In "The Old Man And His God," the author paints a picture of Makor during what time period?
(a) 1019 C.E.
(b) 312 B.C.E.
(c) 1419 B.C.E.
(d) 42 C.E.
6. In "The Voice of Gomer," why are the Hebrews facing reprisals from Yahweh?
(a) For leaving Babylonia.
(b) For sailing to Turkey.
(c) For eating lamb.
(d) For their stubbornness.
7. During the time of Gomer, Makor is _____.
(a) Only a shadow of its past glory.
(b) A holding place for prisoners.
(c) Extravagantly wealthy and luxurious.
(d) A cultural center known far and wide.
8. James Michener's historical novel, The Source, focuses on what geographical regions?
(a) China and Northeast India.
(b) Russia and the Far East.
(c) Australia and Southeast Asia.
(d) Israel and the Middle East.
9. As the book opens, Dr. John Cullinane arrives where?
(b) Holy Land.
10. John Cullinane is attracted to Vered Bar-el, but she is not interested in him since she's already engaged to whom?
11. The governor of Makor gives sanctuary to Gershom, who is a what?
(b) Drug dealer.
(d) Dethroned king.
12. Why does Menalaus have his circumcision reversed?
(a) To become a citizen and compete in the Olympics.
(b) To avoid having to pay a fine.
(c) To avoid being executed.
(d) To be able to marry the woman he loves.
13. Why is Simeon against Yigal's plans to oppose the Romans?
(a) He thinks Yigal is a common laborer who knows nothing about politics.
(b) He believes the Romans are right and Yigal is wrong.
(c) He does not want to anger his Roman wife.
(d) He thinks Jews will survive only if they submit to the powerful Romans.
14. According to Cullinane, the earliest people of Makor lived in what?
(a) Brick houses.
15. While Cullinane and his associates work on the excavation site, they live and eat where?
(b) Luxury hotel.
(c) Budget motel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many daughters does Jeremoth, the governor of Makor, have?
2. How long does Meshab work for Hoopoe on his major engineering project?
3. Zadok and his people follow El-Shadai's orders and cross the Jordan into the land of:
4. In the end, what does Petronius agree to with regard to the demands from Yigal and his group?
5. After meeting with his colleagues as the book opens, Dr. Cullinane drives with them to where?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)