|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cullinane and the staff begin digging at Makor hoping to find what, among other things?
(a) Lost city of Atlantis.
(b) Crusader castle.
(c) Ancient pyramid.
(d) Turkish minaret.
2. After Yahweh tells Gomer to take her son to Jerusalem, what does the widow suspect?
(a) That she's going crazy.
(b) That her son has been chosen for some task.
(c) That Jeremoth is behind this.
(d) That she and her son are being tricked.
3. Who is Urbaal descended from?
4. When Makor is part of the Seleucid Empire and an edict is given stating that Jews can no longer circumcise their male children, some Jews justify this order while others _____.
(a) Plan a secret revolt against the emperor.
(b) Move back to Jerusalem where they can practice their customs freely.
(c) Convince the non-Jews that circumcision is a superior practice.
(d) Refuse to break the covenant Abraham had made regarding circumcision.
5. How many people from Zadok's tribe have been chosen by El-Shadai to move west?
(a) Nine thousand.
(c) Seven hundred.
6. After Roman armies overtake the town of Makor, what happens to Yigal?
(a) He dies of a heart attack.
(b) He is thrown into the lions' den.
(c) He is crucified.
(d) He escapes.
7. In the earliest days of Makor, the person who breaks the flint in his spear leads whom to a place where the stone is readily available?
(a) Thurton and his wife.
(b) Thor and his daughter.
(c) Ur and his son.
(d) Urbaal and his father.
8. After Roman armies overtake the town of Makor, what happens to its Jewish residents?
(a) Most escape into the nearby swamps.
(b) All are exiled to Jordan.
(c) The adults are killed but the children are spared.
(d) Most are killed and the rest are taken into slavery.
9. What is the outcome of the meeting that Petronius holds with Jewish leaders in Galilee?
(a) The Jews refuse to accept the statues.
(b) Petronius refuses to lift the ban on circumcisions.
(c) The Jews refuse to be taxed.
(d) Petronius refuses to improve working conditions for the Jews.
10. By 167 B.C.E., what additional religion has been introduced in Makor?
11. Who is the first person to greet Dr. Cullinane when he arrives in Israel as the book opens?
(a) Mahmoud Akko.
(b) Jemail Tabari.
(c) Carmel Tewfik.
(d) Bahai Solante.
12. Why is Simeon against Yigal's plans to oppose the Romans?
(a) He thinks Jews will survive only if they submit to the powerful Romans.
(b) He thinks Yigal is a common laborer who knows nothing about politics.
(c) He believes the Romans are right and Yigal is wrong.
(d) He does not want to anger his Roman wife.
13. Returning to the earliest days of Makor, the author writes that someone saves Ur's daughter from a dog about to attack. Who saves her?
(a) A hunter.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A bee chaser.
(d) Her brother.
14. After meeting with his colleagues as the book opens, Dr. Cullinane drives with them to where?
15. As Rahab predicted, there is trouble between the Hebrews and the Canaanites, and it stems from what?
(a) Strong jealousy betwen leaders.
(b) Differences in language.
(c) Differences in religion.
(d) Strong dislike between both groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. For the Jews, Shabbat is a day of what?
2. What does El-Shaddai tell Zadok about other gods?
3. Where do Yigal and his group go to in order to protest against the Romans to Petronius?
4. While Cullinane and his associates work on the excavation site, they live and eat where?
5. What job does Gomer's son hold in Makor?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)