|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psalm of the Hoopoe Bird, pp. 243-329.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 2200 B.C.E., how do the Makor villagers protect themselves?
(a) With a wall around their village.
(b) By hiring neighboring warriors to protect them.
(c) With a mote around their village.
(d) By training everyone to use spears.
2. After Cullinane gives a preparatory lecture explaining plans and procedures to the staff at the dig before excavations begin, what does he do?
(a) Returns to Chicago for a month.
(b) Answers questions.
(c) Faints from heat exhaustion.
(d) Goes on a date.
3. The early inhabitants of Makor spend less and less time hunting and more time doing what?
(a) Raising sheep.
(b) Building homes.
(c) Tending fields.
(d) Chasing bees.
4. Urbaal believes his statues were stolen by whom?
5. The history of Makor begins with the family of a man named what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kerith express deep discontent to General Amram?
2. James Michener's historical novel, The Source, focuses on what geographical regions?
3. The engineer Hoopoe is named after what?
4. How long does Meshab work for Hoopoe on his major engineering project?
5. Who is Urbaal descended from?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)