|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psalm of the Hoopoe Bird, pp. 243-329.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Cullinane starts working with his colleagues on the dig at Makor, he notes that everyone gets along so well and there is no animosity between who?
(a) Arabs and Jews.
(b) Scientists and laborers.
(c) Archaeologists and reporters.
(d) Americans and Britons.
2. Cullinane and the staff begin digging at Makor hoping to find what, among other things?
(a) Ancient pyramid.
(b) Turkish minaret.
(c) Lost city of Atlantis.
(d) Crusader castle.
3. Why does Urbaal buy a statue of the goddess Astarte?
(a) To help his wife be fertile.
(b) To protect his flock of sheep.
(c) To help restore his health.
(d) To protect his home and children.
4. To keep his funding for the dig, Cullinane knows he has to produce what?
5. After meeting with his colleagues as the book opens, Dr. Cullinane drives with them to where?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. John Cullinane is a respected what?
2. During the earliest days of Makor, who develops the practice of growing wheat ?
3. At the start of Dr. Cullinane's archaeological dig, how much funding has he already procured?
4. Why is one of the first inhabitants of Makor chasing bees?
5. After Meshab becomes a free man, who gives orders to have him killed?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)