|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bee Eater & Of Death and Life, pp. 87-171.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to greet Dr. Cullinane when he arrives in Israel as the book opens?
(a) Bahai Solante.
(b) Jemail Tabari.
(c) Mahmoud Akko.
(d) Carmel Tewfik.
2. During the earliest days of Makor, who develops the practice of growing wheat ?
(a) Ur's wife.
(b) Thor's sister.
(c) Urbaal's father.
(d) Thurton's son.
3. Who is Urbaal descended from?
4. In 2200 B.C.E., Makor is ruled by whom?
5. In 2200 B.C.E., how do the Makor villagers protect themselves?
(a) With a mote around their village.
(b) By hiring neighboring warriors to protect them.
(c) By training everyone to use spears.
(d) With a wall around their village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Returning to the earliest days of Makor, the author writes that someone saves Ur's daughter from a dog about to attack. Who saves her?
2. As Cullinane starts working with his colleagues on the dig at Makor, he notes that everyone gets along so well and there is no animosity between who?
3. Who perfects the planting techniques developed during Makor's earliest days?
4. At the start of Dr. Cullinane's archaeological dig, how much funding has he already procured?
5. In 2200 B.C.E., about seven thousand years after Makor is first inhabited, what types of dwellings are found there?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)