|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bee Eater & Of Death and Life, pp. 87-171.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cullinane and the staff begin digging at Makor hoping to find what, among other things?
(a) Ancient pyramid.
(b) Lost city of Atlantis.
(c) Crusader castle.
(d) Turkish minaret.
2. In the earliest days of Makor, the person who breaks the flint in his spear leads whom to a place where the stone is readily available?
(a) Thor and his daughter.
(b) Urbaal and his father.
(c) Thurton and his wife.
(d) Ur and his son.
3. Who perfects the planting techniques developed during Makor's earliest days?
(a) Ur's son.
(b) Thurton's sister.
(c) Thor's father.
(d) Urbaal's wife.
4. Why do the early inhabitants of Makor talk about building a dike?
(a) To create a bridge between islands.
(b) To separate their land from their neighbors'.
(c) To protect their wheat against floods.
(d) To store irrigation water.
5. After meeting with his colleagues as the book opens, Dr. Cullinane drives with them to where?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the earliest days of Makor, who develops the practice of growing wheat ?
2. Why does Urbaal buy a statue of the goddess Astarte?
3. The early inhabitants of Makor spend less and less time hunting and more time doing what?
4. As Cullinane starts working with his colleagues on the dig at Makor, he notes that everyone gets along so well and there is no animosity between who?
5. In the first chapter, the archaeologists are sure they've found the castle they're looking for in _____.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)