|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bee Eater & Of Death and Life, pp. 87-171.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Cullinane starts working with his colleagues on the dig at Makor, he notes that everyone gets along so well and there is no animosity between who?
(a) Americans and Britons.
(b) Arabs and Jews.
(c) Scientists and laborers.
(d) Archaeologists and reporters.
2. In the midst of writing about Makor's earliest inhabitants, the author jumps forward to the present. What does he say Cullinane is doing while Vered is in Chicago?
(a) Reprimanding workers who are leaking information to the press.
(b) Talking with sponsors to procure more funds.
(c) Putting together a progress report on the first year of the dig.
(d) Making plans to dig a dozen more trenches.
3. After meeting with his colleagues as the book opens, Dr. Cullinane drives with them to where?
4. After a menorah from around 1550 C.E. is uncovered at the dig, news stories incorrectly refer to it as what?
(a) Physician's Fancy.
(b) Light of Triumph.
(c) Candlestick of Death.
(d) Artist's Inspiration.
5. The history of Makor begins with the family of a man named what?
Short Answer Questions
1. As the book opens, Dr. John Cullinane arrives where?
2. According to Cullinane, the earliest people of Makor lived in what?
3. Dr. John Cullinane is a respected what?
4. John Cullinane is attracted to Vered Bar-el, but she is not interested in him since she's already engaged to whom?
5. In addition to a castle the team is looking for, the archaeologists believe that the Makor site will reveal what else?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)