The Tell, pp. 11-83
1. James Michener's historical novel, The Source, focuses on what geographical regions?
(a) China and Northeast India.
(b) Israel and the Middle East.
(c) Russia and the Far East.
(d) Australia and Southeast Asia.
2. Dr. John Cullinane is a respected what?
3. As the book opens, Dr. John Cullinane arrives where?
(b) Holy Land.
4. Who is the first person to greet Dr. Cullinane when he arrives in Israel as the book opens?
(a) Mahmoud Akko.
(b) Carmel Tewfik.
(c) Bahai Solante.
(d) Jemail Tabari.
5. Dr. Vered Bar-El is Israel's top expert in dating what?
(a) Bone fragments.
(b) Cloth samples.
(c) Pottery fragments.
(d) Soil samples.
6. After meeting with his colleagues as the book opens, Dr. Cullinane drives with them to where?
7. At the start of Dr. Cullinane's archaeological dig, how much funding has he already procured?
(a) Five thousand dollars.
(b) Two months' worth.
(c) Five million dollars.
(d) Five years' worth.
This section contains 5,539 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)