|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times had it snowed that spring?
2. How long does Shingo want to rest in the ground?
(a) 50,000 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 25,000 years.
3. Who is the first person to read the paper in Chapter 13?
4. Where did a scientist from Tohoku University find lotus seeds?
5. What month is it when the anniversary of the Buddhist capital is celebrated?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Ikeda wearing when Shingo goes to talk with Kinu about her pregnancy?
2. In Chapter 15, Section 4, what color flowers does Shingo see outside the train window?
3. What disease did the young man have who was strangled by his grandfather?
4. Who wrote the haiku that comes to Shingo's mind in Chapter 12, Section 4?
5. What time does the temple bell usually ring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What wakes Shingo when he dozes on the train in Chapter 15?
2. Why hasn't Shingo been giving Kikuko an allowance?
3. How does Kikuko describe the branches at the base of the cherry tree?
4. How do Shingo and Kikuko describe the appearance of black lilies?
5. How did Teru act last winter when Kikuko saw a snake at the kitchen door?
6. Why did the president of a boat and yacht company decide to disappear with his wife?
7. What does Shingo forget how to do in Chapter 16?
8. Who does Shingo follow when he gets to the garden where he is to meet Kikuko?
9. Why does a friend of Shingo's say that he wants potassium cyanide?
10. Where does Kikuko tell Satoko to go when she complains about Kikuko sewing her dress?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)