|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Viscount Takagi die?
2. How old was the woman with whom Aihara attempted to commit suicide?
3. After Yasuko and Shingo talk in bed in Chapter 15, Section 2, what time is it when Shingo lies awake?
4. What is the name of the spa where Aihara attempted to commit suicide?
5. Who asked Shuichi to help Shingo cut the yatsude?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does Aihara attempt suicide?
2. What lines the ditch outside the train as Shingo and the other passengers wait for the accident up ahead to be cleared?
3. When Eiko tells Shingo that Kinu is pregnant, how far along is Kinu?
4. In Chapter 13, what color flowers grow in front of the house that had sunflowers growing last year?
5. What time does the temple bell usually ring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Shingo's first dream in Chapter 12, Section 3?
2. Why did the president of a boat and yacht company decide to disappear with his wife?
3. How did Americans get some ancient lotus seeds to sprout?
4. What wakes Shingo when he dozes on the train in Chapter 15?
5. How did Kikuko get money for an abortion?
6. What does Kikuko explain about the ringing of the bell for the anniversary celebration?
7. Why does a friend of Shingo's say that he wants potassium cyanide?
8. What does Shingo forget how to do in Chapter 16?
9. Where does Kikuko tell Satoko to go when she complains about Kikuko sewing her dress?
10. How is Shingo dealing with the yatsude?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)