|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Aihara attempt to commit suicide?
(a) Shakotan Peninsula.
(b) Shiretoko Peninsula.
(c) Notsuke Peninsula.
(d) Izu Peninsula.
2. When Shingo dozes on the train after work, what type of trees does he dream of?
3. How much younger is Kinu than Mrs. Ikeda?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 2-3 years.
(d) 1-2 years.
4. In mid-August, what is wrong with the friend who Shingo goes to see in the hospital?
(a) Lung cancer.
(b) Liver cancer.
(c) Prostrate cancer.
(d) Pancreatic cancer.
5. What type of eggs does Shingo dream about in Chapter 15, Section 2?
(b) Ostrich and snake.
(d) Chicken and robin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Ikeda bring Shingo to drink when he comes to talk to Kinu?
2. What day of the week is it at the beginning of Chapter 15, Section 3?
3. What mountain does Shingo see as the train passes Ofuna?
4. What color flowers bloomed on some ancient lotus seeds?
5. Where has Kinu moved?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kikuko describe the branches at the base of the cherry tree?
2. What does Shingo forget how to do in Chapter 16?
3. Where does Kikuko tell Satoko to go when she complains about Kikuko sewing her dress?
4. What wakes Shingo when he dozes on the train in Chapter 15?
5. How does Shingo describe a foreigner who is on the train when it is stopped in Chapter 15?
6. What is being celebrated and how at the beginning of Chapter 9?
7. How do Shingo and Kikuko describe the appearance of black lilies?
8. How did Teru act last winter when Kikuko saw a snake at the kitchen door?
9. What happened to a little girl when Satoko grabbed the girl's kimono sleeve?
10. Why did Kikuko decide to see a widowed friend who gives tea lessons?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)