|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pistols does Shingo seem to have when he dreams he is a young army officer?
2. What type of tree is over the bench where Kikuko waits to meet Shingo?
(b) Wild plum.
3. What type of flowers does Kikuko have by a tea tray in Chapter 9?
(a) Black lilies.
4. What color roses does Eiko bring when she comes to talk to Shingo in Chapter 11?
5. How much younger is Kinu than Mrs. Ikeda?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 1-2 years.
(c) 2-3 years.
(d) 4 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asked Shuichi to help Shingo cut the yatsude?
2. What color flowers does Shingo see one day on a drizzly day in mid-August?
3. What does Shingo buy after Kikuko gives the family gifts?
4. Where did a scientist from Tohoku University find lotus seeds?
5. What do tourists pay to ring the bell for the anniversary celebration?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shingo describe a foreigner who is on the train when it is stopped in Chapter 15?
2. What article does Yasuko read to Shingo about a man from Buffalo, New York?
3. How did Teru act last winter when Kikuko saw a snake at the kitchen door?
4. What is Shingo's first dream in Chapter 12, Section 3?
5. How is Shingo dealing with the yatsude?
6. Why did Kikuko decide to see a widowed friend who gives tea lessons?
7. How does Shingo describe a young girl who wants a seat saved on a train?
8. What did Shuichi do when he learned that Kinu was pregnant?
9. What presents does Kikuko bring back from Tokyo?
10. What is being celebrated and how at the beginning of Chapter 9?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)