|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was there one middle-school pregnancy?
2. In Section 2 of "A Blaze of Clouds," what does Yasuko reach for every time the house shakes?
(a) A candle.
(b) Shingo's hand.
(c) The bed cover.
3. How long is Tanna Tunnel?
(a) 4 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) 3 miles.
4. How long has Eiko worked in Shingo's office?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
5. What is Shingo offered to eat in a dream?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shuichi hand Kikuko when he comes home at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. What type of a dwarf tree used to belong to Yasuko's sister?
3. What did Shingo believe that he picked up during a walk?
4. How old is Fusako?
5. How long have Shingo and Yasuko been married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is noticed about the trees in the garden after the typhoon?
2. What does Mrs. Ikeda think would help get Shuichi to leave his mistress?
3. How does Shingo describe sunflowers he sees in his neighborhood?
4. Why would it be difficult for Fusako and Aihara to flee if the typhoon should get really bad?
5. What music is Kikuko playing at the beginning of Chapter 3?
6. How did Shingo come to hire Eiko?
7. In Chapter 6, what does Shingo see at an inn after he makes arrangements for guests of his firm to visit?
8. In "Chestnuts," what birds does Shingo see?
9. Why does Shingo try to get Kikuko to lie down in Section 2 of Chapter 7?
10. Describe the photograph of Toriyama that was at his funeral.
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)