|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Kabuki play do Shingo, Yasuko, Shuichi, and Kikuko see in its movie version?
(b) Kumagai Jinya.
(c) Togitatsu No Utare.
2. What did Shingo believe that he picked up during a walk?
(d) Glass shard.
3. How long did Fusako and her children stay with her parents after Shuichi brought them home from the country?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
4. What did Grandfather Amamiya bring when he came to say that he was leaving?
(a) 2 bags of rice.
(c) Dog biscuits.
(d) 2 sacks of cookies.
5. How many sons did Kitamoto lose in the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Kitamoto's wife and children take refuge from the air raids?
2. How many children did a cabinetmaker have who died in his seventies?
3. How long have Shuichi and Kikuko been married?
4. How long is Tanna Tunnel?
5. What language does Shuichi know that Kikuko does not?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Shingo see at an inn after he makes arrangements for guests of his firm to visit?
2. What wakes Shingo at the beginning of Chapter 8?
3. What music is Kikuko playing at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. Why does Kikuko go to the University Hospital?
5. Describe Shingo's family.
6. Why doesn't Shuichi think Kikuko is worried about the weather in Chapter 3?
7. How does Shingo attempt to make his wife stop snoring?
8. Why does Kikuko have a scar on her forehead?
9. What is noticed about the trees in the garden after the typhoon?
10. How did Toriyama's wife torture him when she was going through the change of life?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)