|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the girl who had an abortion in Shingo's dream?
(a) 12 or 13.
(b) 14 or 15.
2. How old is Shingo?
3. During dinner in Chapter 3, how many times do candles blow out?
4. n Chapter 3, to whom does Yasuko say that a kerchief belonged to that Fusako had?
(b) Yasuko's sister.
(c) Yasuko's brother.
5. How old is Yasuko's aunt?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shingo buy at the fishmonger's after work in Chapter 1?
2. Where does Shingo think he might take a vacation in the summer?
3. In a eulogy, how many years did a woman painter wear her hair straight back and held in place by a comb?
4. How long has the maid been gone?
5. Where is Yasuko's old family house located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the sunflowers make Shingo think of heads?
2. Why does Kikuko go to the University Hospital?
3. Describe the circumstances of Kikuko's birth.
4. Why would it be difficult for Fusako and Aihara to flee if the typhoon should get really bad?
5. What music is Kikuko playing at the beginning of Chapter 3?
6. Describe Shingo's family.
7. With whom did Shingo go dancing one night?
8. What had the newspapers predicted about the 210th day of the year?
9. How did Mizuta die?
10. In Chapter 6, what does Shingo see at an inn after he makes arrangements for guests of his firm to visit?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)