|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what season did Fusako leave her husband?
2. When did Yasuko begin to look younger than Shingo?
(a) Just recently.
(c) She always looked younger.
3. How old is Fusako?
4. What type of flowers does Kikuko notice blooming since the typhoon damaged the sunflowers?
5. What beverage does Kikuko serve Shingo mornings and evenings?
(a) Rice wine.
(d) Plum wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Shingo think he might take a vacation in the summer?
2. What did Shingo believe that he picked up during a walk?
3. What is the month at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 5, what flowers are on Kikuko's obi and cloak?
5. Where does Shingo go to make arrangements for guests of his firm in Section 4 of Chapter 6? .
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the circumstances of Kikuko's birth.
2. How did Toriyama's wife torture him when she was going through the change of life?
3. What sound does Shingo hear when he wakes in the night in Chapter 1?
4. In "Chestnuts," what birds does Shingo see?
5. What music is Kikuko playing at the beginning of Chapter 3?
6. What does Mrs. Ikeda think would help get Shuichi to leave his mistress?
7. Why was Kitamoto put in a mental hospital?
8. Why does Kikuko have a scar on her forehead?
9. What story did a geisha tell Shingo in Chapter 1?
10. What had the newspapers predicted about the 210th day of the year?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)