|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a eulogy, how many years did a woman painter wear her hair straight back and held in place by a comb?
2. How many pieces of tin blew into Shingo's roof and garden?
3. In Chapter 5, what flowers are on Kikuko's obi and cloak?
4. What does Shingo observe that the fence is made of that is in front of the house where Shuichi's mistress lives?
5. What language does Shuichi know that Kikuko does not?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kikuko prepare to give Shuichi for his hangover in Chapter 8?
2. What is Shingo offered to eat in a dream?
3. How long have Shuichi and Kikuko been married?
4. Where do Shingo and Kikuko talk about Shuichi and Kikuko having their own home?
5. How many callers wait for Shingo after Toriyama's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kikuko have a scar on her forehead?
2. What had the newspapers predicted about the 210th day of the year?
3. What does Shingo struggle to remember at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. How did Toriyama's wife torture him when she was going through the change of life?
5. What music is Kikuko playing at the beginning of Chapter 3?
6. How did Shingo come to hire Eiko?
7. How did Mizuta die?
8. With whom did Shingo go dancing one night?
9. What does the house look like where Shuichi's mistress lives?
10. What sound does Shingo hear when he wakes in the night in Chapter 1?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)