|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 2 of "A Blaze of Clouds," what does Yasuko reach for every time the house shakes?
(a) A candle.
(b) Shingo's hand.
(d) The bed cover.
2. How many middle-school pregnancies had there been in South Tsugaru?
3. In Chapter 7, what type of leaf does Kikuko bring Shingo with a glass of water?
4. How many children were in Kikuko's family?
5. Who wakes Shingo early on New Year's Day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color raincoat does Eiko wear in "A Blaze of Clouds"?
2. With whom did a geisha consider committing suicide?
3. How old is the young girl who talks to Shingo about flowers blooming near her house?
4. How old is Yasuko?
5. How long did the maid work for Shingo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kikuko have a scar on her forehead?
2. Why does Shingo try to get Kikuko to lie down in Section 2 of Chapter 7?
3. Why does Kikuko go to the University Hospital?
4. How did Toriyama's wife torture him when she was going through the change of life?
5. Describe Shingo's family.
6. What story did a geisha tell Shingo in Chapter 1?
7. Why would it be difficult for Fusako and Aihara to flee if the typhoon should get really bad?
8. Why do the sunflowers make Shingo think of heads?
9. With whom did Shingo go dancing one night?
10. Describe the photograph of Toriyama that was at his funeral.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)