|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color flowers does Shingo see one day on a drizzly day in mid-August?
2. What color obi is Kikuko wearing at the beginning of Chapter 12?
3. Who is with Shingo in the dream where he is a young army officer.
(a) A woodcutter.
(b) A sailor.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A baker.
4. What does Shingo buy after Kikuko gives the family gifts?
(b) Vacuum cleaner.
(d) Washing machine.
5. What anniversary of the Buddhist capital is being celebrated?
6. What bird is in an ink wash by Watanabe Kazan that Shingo describes?
7. What color roses does Eiko bring when she comes to talk to Shingo in Chapter 11?
8. In mid-August, what is wrong with the friend who Shingo goes to see in the hospital?
(a) Lung cancer.
(b) Liver cancer.
(c) Prostrate cancer.
(d) Pancreatic cancer.
9. Where did Aihara attempt to commit suicide?
(a) Shakotan Peninsula.
(b) Shiretoko Peninsula.
(c) Notsuke Peninsula.
(d) Izu Peninsula.
10. Where is Shingo in his first dream in Chapter 12, Section 3?
11. What were two neighborhood girls using for dishes in the neighborhood play house?
(a) Abalone Shells and Yatsude leaves.
(c) Walnut shells and maple leaves.
(d) Shards of dishes.
12. Where did the president of a boat and yacht company go with his wife before they disappeared?
13. What type of eggs does Shingo dream about in Chapter 15, Section 2?
(b) Ostrich and snake.
(c) Chicken and robin.
14. In Chapter 10, what bird does Shingo hear before it flies off toward the sea?
15. In what month does Aihara attempt suicide?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the haiku that comes to Shingo's mind in Chapter 12, Section 4?
2. What type of flowers does Shingo see outside the train window in Chapter 15, Section 4?
3. How much do perambulators cost to rent by the hour at the garden where Shingo meets Kikuko?
4. What do tourists pay to ring the bell for the anniversary celebration?
5. During rush hour, how often do trains on the Yokosuka Line run?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)