|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the president of a boat and yacht company go with his wife before they disappeared?
2. What plant grows under Shingo's cherry tree?
(d) Viburnam Furcatum.
3. Why did Kikuko buy fabric for Fusako?
(a) So she could make dresses.
(b) For dolls for her daughters.
(c) For curtains for Fusako's bedroom.
(d) For a skirt for Fusako.
4. Where does Kikuko agree to meet Shingo when she leaves her family's home?
(a) Karesansui Gardens.
(b) Chaniwa Garden.
(c) Shinjuku Garden.
(d) Tsukiyama Gardens.
5. What type of tree is over the bench where Kikuko waits to meet Shingo?
(a) Wild plum.
6. What does a young girl put on the train seat to reserve a seat?
(b) Red suede handbag.
(c) Wool coat.
(d) Black backpack.
7. How late is the shop open where Eiko works?
8. What type of eggs does Shingo dream about in Chapter 15, Section 2?
(a) Chicken and robin.
(d) Ostrich and snake.
9. What disease did the young man have who was strangled by his grandfather?
(a) Multiple Schlerosis.
(d) Infantile paralysis.
10. What are Mrs. Ikeda and Kinu having for supper the night Shingo goes to talk to Kinu?
11. When Shingo dozes on the train after work, what type of trees does he dream of?
12. Where did a scientist from Tohoku University send lotus seeds he found?
13. What color roses does Eiko bring when she comes to talk to Shingo in Chapter 11?
14. How much do perambulators cost to rent by the hour at the garden where Shingo meets Kikuko?
(a) 30 yen.
(b) 15 yen.
(c) 20 yen.
(d) 25 yen.
15. How old are the tulip trees in the garden where Shingo meets Kikuko?
(a) 50 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 60 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Shuichi gone when Shingo gets up in Chapter 15, Section 3?
2. What type of dwarf trees does the tobacconist have?
3. In mid-August, what is wrong with the friend who Shingo goes to see in the hospital?
4. Where does a friend make reservations to meet Shingo after they have dinner and then sit in the bar?
5. What color flowers does Shingo see one day on a drizzly day in mid-August?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)