|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kikuko agree to meet Shingo when she leaves her family's home?
(a) Tsukiyama Gardens.
(b) Karesansui Gardens.
(c) Shinjuku Garden.
(d) Chaniwa Garden.
2. What type of sewing machine does Kikuko have?
3. When Shingo dozes on the train after work, what type of trees does he dream of?
4. What city did Aihara list as his residence when he checked into the inn where he attempted suicide?
5. Where did a scientist from Tohoku University send lotus seeds he found?
6. How old was the president of a boat and yacht company who disappeared?
7. What were two neighborhood girls using for dishes in the neighborhood play house?
(a) Abalone Shells and Yatsude leaves.
(b) Walnut shells and maple leaves.
(d) Shards of dishes.
8. What does Kikuko bring her husband from Tokyo?
(b) Collapsible umbrella.
9. What does Shingo's friend who is dying want Shingo to bring him?
(a) Potassium cyanide.
(c) Sleeping pills.
(d) Rat poison.
10. How many buds did a dwarf tree have that sits in front of the tobacconist's shop before they were pinched off?
11. In Chapter 15, Section 4, what color flowers does Shingo see outside the train window?
12. What color obi is Kikuko wearing at the beginning of Chapter 12?
13. Where has Shuichi gone when Shingo gets up in Chapter 15, Section 3?
(b) Fishing pond.
(d) Kinu's house.
14. What is a nurse knitting while Shingo visits a dying friend?
(a) White sweater.
(b) Blue mittens.
15. When did Viscount Takagi die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color shirt is a male prostitute wearing who is accompanying a foreigner on Shingo's train?
2. The woman who disappeared with her husband had a sister she visited before she left. How old was the sister?
3. What do 5-6 men bring on board the train in Chapter 16?
4. What mountain does Shingo see as the train passes Ofuna?
5. What is the name of the spa where Aihara attempted to commit suicide?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)