|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kikuko agree to meet Shingo when she leaves her family's home?
(a) Tsukiyama Gardens.
(b) Shinjuku Garden.
(c) Karesansui Gardens.
(d) Chaniwa Garden.
2. What is a nurse knitting while Shingo visits a dying friend?
(b) White sweater.
(d) Blue mittens.
3. What type of sewing machine does Kikuko have?
4. What type of flowers does Shingo see outside the train window in Chapter 15, Section 4?
5. After Yasuko and Shingo talk in bed in Chapter 15, Section 2, what time is it when Shingo lies awake?
6. Who wrote the haiku that comes to Shingo's mind in Chapter 12, Section 4?
7. What bird is in an ink wash by Watanabe Kazan that Shingo describes?
8. When Shingo dozes on the train after work, what type of trees does he dream of?
9. In Chapter 15, Section 4, what color flowers does Shingo see outside the train window?
10. Shingo's friend that he visited in the hospital dies. How many years earlier had his wife died?
11. How old are the tulip trees in the garden where Shingo meets Kikuko?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 60 years.
(d) 50 years.
12. The woman who disappeared with her husband had a sister she visited before she left. How old was the sister?
13. How old was the woman with whom Aihara attempted to commit suicide?
14. When did Viscount Takagi die?
15. During rush hour, how often do trains on the Yokosuka Line run?
(a) Every 15 minutes.
(b) Every 20 minutes.
(c) Every 10 minutes.
(d) Every 30 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does Aihara attempt suicide?
2. How many years has Shingo had his office career?
3. What color flowers does Shingo see one day on a drizzly day in mid-August?
4. What type of eggs does Shingo dream about in Chapter 15, Section 2?
5. How old was the president of a boat and yacht company who disappeared?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)