|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what house was Grandfather Amamiya being taken into?
2. What did Shingo believe that he picked up during a walk?
(b) Glass shard.
3. How old was the girl who had an abortion in Shingo's dream?
(b) 12 or 13.
(c) 14 or 15.
4. In Chapter 8, what does Shingo compare marriage to?
(d) Train ride.
5. How many children were in Kikuko's family?
6. Where does Shingo go to make arrangements for guests of his firm in Section 4 of Chapter 6? .
7. According to a survey by the Aomori Prefectural Public Health Service, how many cases of abortion were there among girls of high-school age?
8. What is the name of the dog that had puppies under Shingo's house?
9. During what season did Fusako leave her husband?
10. What does Shingo observe that the fence is made of that is in front of the house where Shuichi's mistress lives?
11. How many thirteen-year-old girls had legal abortions?
12. How long have Shingo and Yasuko been married?
(a) 25 years.
(b) Over 30 years.
(c) 37 years.
(d) Nearly 40 years.
13. What time of day does Yasuko listen to a news commentary?
14. How long did Fusako and her children stay with her parents after Shuichi brought them home from the country?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 3 weeks.
15. How many middle-school pregnancies had there been in South Tsugaru?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Shuichi grow up?
2. What color raincoat does Eiko wear in "A Blaze of Clouds"?
3. What language does Shuichi know that Kikuko does not?
4. What was Aida drinking in one of Shingo's dreams?
5. What direction does Shingo sit facing when the family eats meals together?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)