|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Yasuko begin to look younger than Shingo?
(a) Just recently.
(d) She always looked younger.
2. How long does it take a train to pass through Tanna Tunnel?
(a) 7-8 minutes.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 2-3 minutes.
(d) 6 minutes.
3. What type of nuts does Shingo eat in Chapter 1?
4. How long did the maid work for Shingo?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 1 year.
5. How many fifteen-year-old girls had legal abortions?
6. What does Shingo buy at the fishmonger's after work in Chapter 1?
7. According to a survey by the Aomori Prefectural Public Health Service, how many cases of abortion were there among girls of high-school age?
8. How old was the girl who had an abortion in Shingo's dream?
(a) 14 or 15.
(c) 12 or 13.
9. What is the name of a maid Shingo attempts to remember?
10. When did a geisha tell Shingo that she had considered committing suicide?
(a) 2 days ago.
(b) 1 month earlier.
(c) 1 year ago.
(d) 2 months earlier.
11. In Chapter 8, what does Shingo compare marriage to?
(a) Train ride.
12. In Chapter 5, what flowers are on Kikuko's obi and cloak?
13. In Chapter 2, how many cigarettes does Shingo remember lighting at the office all at once?
14. What name is on the gate of the house where Shuichi's mistress lives?
15. What type of a dwarf tree used to belong to Yasuko's sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what house was Grandfather Amamiya being taken into?
2. How many children were in Kikuko's family?
3. What does Shuichi hand Kikuko when he comes home at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. How many children are in the back garden when Shingo awakes at the inn?
5. In Section 2 of "A Blaze of Clouds," what does Yasuko reach for every time the house shakes?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)