|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shingo buy at the fishmonger's after work in Chapter 1?
2. What day of the week did the maid leave?
3. During dinner in Chapter 3, how many times do candles blow out?
4. How many children were in Kikuko's family?
5. Where does Shingo go to make arrangements for guests of his firm in Section 4 of Chapter 6? .
6. In Section 2 of "A Blaze of Clouds," what does Yasuko reach for every time the house shakes?
(a) Shingo's hand.
(b) A candle.
(d) The bed cover.
7. When did a geisha tell Shingo that she had considered committing suicide?
(a) 1 month earlier.
(b) 2 days ago.
(c) 2 months earlier.
(d) 1 year ago.
8. How long have Yasuko and Shingo been married?
(a) 38 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) More than 30 years.
(d) About 40 years.
9. How many fifteen-year-old girls had legal abortions?
10. What color ribbon does Eiko wear in her hair in Section 3 of Chapter 3?
11. n Chapter 3, to whom does Yasuko say that a kerchief belonged to that Fusako had?
(c) Yasuko's brother.
(d) Yasuko's sister.
12. What is the month at the beginning of Chapter 1?
13. What is Eiko wearing on New Year's Day when she visits the Ogata family?
(a) Black velvet dress.
(b) Flowered dress.
(c) Colorful kimono.
(d) Business suit.
14. To what house was Grandfather Amamiya being taken into?
15. What does Kikuko prepare to give Shuichi for his hangover in Chapter 8?
(a) Plum wine.
(b) Warm tea.
(c) Cold sake.
(d) Rice wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cigarettes does Shingo have in Section 3 of Chapter 3 before he asks Eiko to go dancing?
2. How many thirteen-year-old girls had legal abortions?
3. How long have Shingo and Yasuko been married?
4. What time of day does Yasuko listen to a news commentary?
5. In a novel that Shuichi shows an office girl, what city does the novelist reference?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)