|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Shingo offered to eat in a dream?
2. What type of butterflies does Shingo see in his garden?
(c) Blue triangle.
3. On what day is there a typhoon?
4. What does Shingo put in his tea to help his memory?
(c) Rice wine.
5. In Chapter 7, what type of leaf does Kikuko bring Shingo with a glass of water?
6. How old was a woman painter when she died in a eulogy that Yasuko read?
7. How long after Eiko quits work does she bring the woman who shares a house with Shuichi's mistress to see Shingo?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 1 month.
8. n Chapter 3, to whom does Yasuko say that a kerchief belonged to that Fusako had?
(b) Yasuko's sister.
(d) Yasuko's brother.
9. In Chapter 2, how many cigarettes does Shingo remember lighting at the office all at once?
10. During dinner in Chapter 3, how many times do candles blow out?
11. What color ribbon does Eiko wear in her hair in Section 3 of Chapter 3?
12. How many cigarettes does Shingo have in Section 3 of Chapter 3 before he asks Eiko to go dancing?
13. What does Shingo buy at the fishmonger's after work in Chapter 1?
14. Where does Shingo go to make arrangements for guests of his firm in Section 4 of Chapter 6? .
15. In Chapter 8, what does Shingo compare marriage to?
(d) Train ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many thirteen-year-old girls had legal abortions?
2. What is the name of a maid Shingo attempts to remember?
3. When did a geisha tell Shingo that she had considered committing suicide?
4. Where does Kikuko have a small scar?
5. What time of day does Yasuko listen to a news commentary?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)