|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is a friend of Kikuo's hospitalized after having had an abortion?
2. How old was the girl who had an abortion in Shingo's dream?
(a) 12 or 13.
(d) 14 or 15.
3. What type of thickets are the side of a stream Shingo sees from his window at the inn?
4. What is Shingo offered to eat in a dream?
5. Where do Shingo and Kikuko talk about Shuichi and Kikuko having their own home?
(a) In the garden.
(b) At home.
(c) In a taxi.
(d) On the train.
6. Where did Shuichi grow up?
7. What language does Shuichi know that Kikuko does not?
8. n Chapter 3, to whom does Yasuko say that a kerchief belonged to that Fusako had?
(a) Yasuko's brother.
(c) Yasuko's sister.
9. When did Yasuko begin to look younger than Shingo?
(a) Just recently.
(b) She always looked younger.
10. In a novel that Shuichi shows an office girl, what city does the novelist reference?
11. What does Kikuko prepare to give Shuichi for his hangover in Chapter 8?
(a) Plum wine.
(b) Cold sake.
(c) Warm tea.
(d) Rice wine.
12. Where does Kikuko have a small scar?
(a) Right arm.
13. Where does Shingo go to make arrangements for guests of his firm in Section 4 of Chapter 6? .
14. How old was a woman painter when she died in a eulogy that Yasuko read?
15. On what day is there a typhoon?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the maid work for Shingo?
2. How many thirteen-year-old girls had legal abortions?
3. How long is Tanna Tunnel?
4. What type of a dwarf tree used to belong to Yasuko's sister?
5. What is the name of a maid Shingo attempts to remember?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)