|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What actor plays Benkei in the Kabuki play?
2. What was Aida drinking in one of Shingo's dreams?
(b) Rice Wine.
(c) Plum Wine.
3. Where is Yasuko's old family house located?
4. What does Kikuko prepare to give Shuichi for his hangover in Chapter 8?
(a) Warm tea.
(b) Rice wine.
(c) Plum wine.
(d) Cold sake.
5. How long did Fusako and her children stay with her parents after Shuichi brought them home from the country?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
6. What is the month at the beginning of Chapter 1?
7. How long have Yasuko and Shingo been married?
(a) 38 years.
(b) About 40 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) More than 30 years.
8. How old is Yasuko's aunt?
9. What day of the week did the maid leave?
10. In Chapter 2, how many cigarettes does Shingo remember lighting at the office all at once?
11. During dinner in Chapter 3, how many times do candles blow out?
12. To what house was Grandfather Amamiya being taken into?
13. Where does Shingo think he might take a vacation in the summer?
14. How many middle-school pregnancies had there been in South Tsugaru?
15. What did Grandfather Amamiya bring when he came to say that he was leaving?
(a) 2 sacks of cookies.
(b) Dog biscuits.
(d) 2 bags of rice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flowers does Shingo see after making arrangements for guests of his firm to visit an inn?
2. What direction does Shingo sit facing when the family eats meals together?
3. What type of flowers does Kikuko notice blooming since the typhoon damaged the sunflowers?
4. Where was there one middle-school pregnancy?
5. What type of butterflies does Shingo see in his garden?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)