|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shuichi hand Kikuko when he comes home at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. What actor plays Benkei in the Kabuki play?
3. What direction does Shingo sit facing when the family eats meals together?
4. How many fifteen-year-old girls had legal abortions?
5. How old is Fusako?
6. How old is the young girl who talks to Shingo about flowers blooming near her house?
(a) 12 or 13.
(b) 9 or 10.
(c) 10 or 11.
(d) 11 or 12.
7. How long has Eiko worked in Shingo's office?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
8. What was Aida drinking in one of Shingo's dreams?
(a) Plum Wine.
(c) Rice Wine.
9. During what season did Fusako leave her husband?
10. Who wakes Shingo early on New Year's Day?
11. When did a geisha tell Shingo that she had considered committing suicide?
(a) 2 days ago.
(b) 1 year ago.
(c) 2 months earlier.
(d) 1 month earlier.
12. How many children are in the back garden when Shingo awakes at the inn?
13. What type of a dwarf tree used to belong to Yasuko's sister?
14. According to a survey by the Aomori Prefectural Public Health Service, how many cases of abortion were there among girls of high-school age?
15. Where do Shingo and Kikuko talk about Shuichi and Kikuko having their own home?
(a) In the garden.
(b) At home.
(c) On the train.
(d) In a taxi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is on the gate of the house where Shuichi's mistress lives?
2. How many pieces of tin blew into Shingo's roof and garden?
3. How long have Shingo and Yasuko been married?
4. What flowers does Shingo see after making arrangements for guests of his firm to visit an inn?
5. How old was a woman painter when she died in a eulogy that Yasuko read?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)