|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shingo buy at the fishmonger's after work in Chapter 1?
2. During dinner in Chapter 3, how many times do candles blow out?
3. In Chapter 5, what flowers are on Kikuko's obi and cloak?
4. What type of flowers grow near Shingo's neighbor's house?
(a) Wood poppy.
(d) Maiden lily.
5. What did Shingo believe that he picked up during a walk?
(a) Glass shard.
6. How old is Shingo?
7. In Chapter 8, what does Shingo compare marriage to?
(a) Train ride.
8. How many fifteen-year-old girls had legal abortions?
9. During what season did Fusako leave her husband?
10. When did Yasuko begin to look younger than Shingo?
(a) She always looked younger.
(d) Just recently.
11. What flowers does Shingo see after making arrangements for guests of his firm to visit an inn?
12. What did Grandfather Amamiya bring when he came to say that he was leaving?
(a) 2 bags of rice.
(b) 2 sacks of cookies.
(c) Dog biscuits.
13. Where did Kitamoto's wife and children take refuge from the air raids?
14. What type of flowers does Kikuko notice blooming since the typhoon damaged the sunflowers?
15. How long does it take a train to pass through Tanna Tunnel?
(a) 2-3 minutes.
(b) 6 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 7-8 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 2 of "A Blaze of Clouds," what does Yasuko reach for every time the house shakes?
2. Where did Shuichi grow up?
3. Where is Yasuko's old family house located?
4. In a novel that Shuichi shows an office girl, what city does the novelist reference?
5. How long have Shuichi and Kikuko been married?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)