|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have Shuichi and Kikuko been married?
(a) 18 months.
(b) Less than 2 years.
(c) About a year.
(d) 3 years.
2. In Chapter 2, how many cigarettes does Shingo remember lighting at the office all at once?
3. What Kabuki play do Shingo, Yasuko, Shuichi, and Kikuko see in its movie version?
(a) Kumagai Jinya.
(d) Togitatsu No Utare.
4. How many children were in Kikuko's family?
5. What language does Shuichi know that Kikuko does not?
6. How old is the young girl who talks to Shingo about flowers blooming near her house?
(a) 9 or 10.
(b) 12 or 13.
(c) 10 or 11.
(d) 11 or 12.
7. Where do Shingo and Kikuko talk about Shuichi and Kikuko having their own home?
(a) On the train.
(b) In a taxi.
(c) At home.
(d) In the garden.
8. n Chapter 3, to whom does Yasuko say that a kerchief belonged to that Fusako had?
(c) Yasuko's brother.
(d) Yasuko's sister.
9. How many middle-school pregnancies had there been in South Tsugaru?
10. How much older is Yasuko than Shingo?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 6 months.
11. How long have Shingo and Yasuko been married?
(a) Over 30 years.
(b) 37 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) Nearly 40 years.
12. In a eulogy, how many years did a woman painter wear her hair straight back and held in place by a comb?
13. What did Grandfather Amamiya bring when he came to say that he was leaving?
(a) 2 bags of rice.
(c) 2 sacks of cookies.
(d) Dog biscuits.
14. What name is on the gate of the house where Shuichi's mistress lives?
15. Where is Yasuko's old family house located?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did a geisha tell Shingo that she had considered committing suicide?
2. What actor plays Benkei in the Kabuki play?
3. How many children are in the back garden when Shingo awakes at the inn?
4. What day of the week did the maid leave?
5. What was Aida drinking in one of Shingo's dreams?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)