|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children were in Kikuko's family?
2. How long does it take a train to pass through Tanna Tunnel?
(a) 2-3 minutes.
(b) 6 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 7-8 minutes.
3. What is the name of the dog that had puppies under Shingo's house?
4. What type of flowers does Kikuko notice blooming since the typhoon damaged the sunflowers?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Shingo compare marriage to?
(b) Train ride.
6. What did Shingo believe that he picked up during a walk?
(a) Glass shard.
7. How long is Tanna Tunnel?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) 4 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
8. What language does Shuichi know that Kikuko does not?
9. What was Aida drinking in one of Shingo's dreams?
(a) Plum Wine.
(d) Rice Wine.
10. Where is Yasuko's old family house located?
11. What is Shingo offered to eat in a dream?
12. How many thirteen-year-old girls had legal abortions?
13. On what day is there a typhoon?
14. How long after Eiko quits work does she bring the woman who shares a house with Shuichi's mistress to see Shingo?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 months.
15. What direction does Yasuko face when the family eats together?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the maid work for Shingo?
2. How long have Yasuko and Shingo been married?
3. Where do Shingo and Kikuko talk about Shuichi and Kikuko having their own home?
4. Where did Kitamoto's wife and children take refuge from the air raids?
5. How long has the maid been gone?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)