|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Grandfather Amamiya bring when he came to say that he was leaving?
(a) 2 sacks of cookies.
(b) Dog biscuits.
(d) 2 bags of rice.
2. Where did Kitamoto's wife and children take refuge from the air raids?
3. What language does Shuichi know that Kikuko does not?
4. What name is on the gate of the house where Shuichi's mistress lives?
5. How long after Eiko quits work does she bring the woman who shares a house with Shuichi's mistress to see Shingo?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
6. Where is Yasuko's old family house located?
7. Where did Shuichi grow up?
8. In Chapter 8, what does Shingo compare marriage to?
(a) Train ride.
9. How long have Shingo and Yasuko been married?
(a) 25 years.
(b) Over 30 years.
(c) 37 years.
(d) Nearly 40 years.
10. What did Shingo believe that he picked up during a walk?
(c) Glass shard.
11. How many days does Shingo believe it will take to bring Fusako back?
12. What type of nut fell when Yasuko and Shingo were married?
13. What beverage does Kikuko serve Shingo mornings and evenings?
(b) Rice wine.
(c) Plum wine.
14. In Chapter 5, what flowers are on Kikuko's obi and cloak?
15. How long does it take a train to pass through Tanna Tunnel?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 6 minutes.
(c) 2-3 minutes.
(d) 7-8 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the young girl who talks to Shingo about flowers blooming near her house?
2. How long did Fusako and her children stay with her parents after Shuichi brought them home from the country?
3. How many children were in Kikuko's family?
4. With whom did a geisha consider committing suicide?
5. How old is Yasuko's aunt?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)