|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. n Chapter 3, to whom does Yasuko say that a kerchief belonged to that Fusako had?
(a) Yasuko's brother.
(c) Yasuko's sister.
2. When did Yasuko begin to look younger than Shingo?
(b) She always looked younger.
(c) Just recently.
3. How many children did a cabinetmaker have who died in his seventies?
4. How many thirteen-year-old girls had legal abortions?
5. Where does Kikuko have a small scar?
(c) Right arm.
6. In Chapter 8, what does Shingo compare marriage to?
(d) Train ride.
7. What did Shingo believe that he picked up during a walk?
(a) Glass shard.
8. What time of day does Yasuko listen to a news commentary?
9. What color raincoat does Eiko wear in "A Blaze of Clouds"?
10. How old is the young girl who talks to Shingo about flowers blooming near her house?
(a) 11 or 12.
(b) 12 or 13.
(c) 9 or 10.
(d) 10 or 11.
11. According to a survey by the Aomori Prefectural Public Health Service, how many cases of abortion were there among girls of high-school age?
12. In Chapter 5, what flowers are on Kikuko's obi and cloak?
13. What is Eiko wearing on New Year's Day when she visits the Ogata family?
(a) Flowered dress.
(b) Business suit.
(c) Black velvet dress.
(d) Colorful kimono.
14. When did a geisha tell Shingo that she had considered committing suicide?
(a) 1 month earlier.
(b) 1 year ago.
(c) 2 days ago.
(d) 2 months earlier.
15. How long have Yasuko and Shingo been married?
(a) 25 years.
(b) About 40 years.
(c) 38 years.
(d) More than 30 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of flowers grow near Shingo's neighbor's house?
2. How many cigarettes does Shingo have in Section 3 of Chapter 3 before he asks Eiko to go dancing?
3. How many fifteen-year-old girls had legal abortions?
4. What type of nut fell when Yasuko and Shingo were married?
5. In Section 2 of "A Blaze of Clouds," what does Yasuko reach for every time the house shakes?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)