|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage does Kikuko serve Shingo mornings and evenings?
(b) Rice wine.
(c) Plum wine.
2. What does Shuichi hand Kikuko when he comes home at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. What type of flowers does Kikuko notice blooming since the typhoon damaged the sunflowers?
4. What time is Shingo awakened by the noise Shuichi makes when he comes home drunk in Chapter 8?
5. How long after Eiko quits work does she bring the woman who shares a house with Shuichi's mistress to see Shingo?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 3 weeks.
6. What Kabuki play do Shingo, Yasuko, Shuichi, and Kikuko see in its movie version?
(c) Kumagai Jinya.
(d) Togitatsu No Utare.
7. How many days does Shingo believe it will take to bring Fusako back?
8. How many middle-school pregnancies had there been in South Tsugaru?
9. What does Shingo observe that the fence is made of that is in front of the house where Shuichi's mistress lives?
10. What type of nut fell when Yasuko and Shingo were married?
11. Where do Shingo and Kikuko talk about Shuichi and Kikuko having their own home?
(a) On the train.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In a taxi.
(d) At home.
12. How many children were in Kikuko's family?
13. In a eulogy, how many years did a woman painter wear her hair straight back and held in place by a comb?
14. How old was Tanizaki when the man she loved died in the war?
15. What direction does Shingo sit facing when the family eats meals together?
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week did the maid leave?
2. How many pieces of tin blew into Shingo's roof and garden?
3. What color raincoat does Eiko wear in "A Blaze of Clouds"?
4. What time of day does Yasuko listen to a news commentary?
5. How long did the maid work for Shingo?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)