|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Shingo go to make arrangements for guests of his firm in Section 4 of Chapter 6? .
2. What does Kikuko prepare to give Shuichi for his hangover in Chapter 8?
(a) Rice wine.
(b) Plum wine.
(c) Cold sake.
(d) Warm tea.
3. In Chapter 2, how many cigarettes does Shingo remember lighting at the office all at once?
4. How old is Fusako?
5. During dinner in Chapter 3, how many times do candles blow out?
6. What type of butterflies does Shingo see in his garden?
(c) Blue triangle.
7. What type of nut fell when Yasuko and Shingo were married?
8. In Section 2 of "A Blaze of Clouds," what does Yasuko reach for every time the house shakes?
(a) A candle.
(b) Shingo's hand.
(c) The bed cover.
9. To what house was Grandfather Amamiya being taken into?
10. What Kabuki play do Shingo, Yasuko, Shuichi, and Kikuko see in its movie version?
(a) Kumagai Jinya.
(d) Togitatsu No Utare.
11. How long does it take a train to pass through Tanna Tunnel?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 7-8 minutes.
(c) 2-3 minutes.
(d) 6 minutes.
12. How many sons did Kitamoto lose in the war?
13. What time of day does Yasuko listen to a news commentary?
14. How long have Shuichi and Kikuko been married?
(a) Less than 2 years.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) About a year.
15. How long did Fusako and her children stay with her parents after Shuichi brought them home from the country?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older is Yasuko than Shingo?
2. What did Shingo believe that he picked up during a walk?
3. How many cigarettes does Shingo have in Section 3 of Chapter 3 before he asks Eiko to go dancing?
4. With whom did a geisha consider committing suicide?
5. How many children were in Kikuko's family?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)