|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did a cabinetmaker have who died in his seventies?
2. What is Shingo offered to eat in a dream?
3. How old is the young girl who talks to Shingo about flowers blooming near her house?
(a) 11 or 12.
(b) 10 or 11.
(c) 12 or 13.
(d) 9 or 10.
4. In Chapter 7, what type of leaf does Kikuko bring Shingo with a glass of water?
5. How long did the maid work for Shingo?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
6. What does Shingo buy at the fishmonger's after work in Chapter 1?
7. What is the month at the beginning of Chapter 1?
8. How long has the maid been gone?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 4 days.
9. How long after Eiko quits work does she bring the woman who shares a house with Shuichi's mistress to see Shingo?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
10. What type of a dwarf tree used to belong to Yasuko's sister?
11. During dinner in Chapter 3, how many times do candles blow out?
12. How many fifteen-year-old girls had legal abortions?
13. How old is Yasuko?
14. How many middle-school pregnancies had there been in South Tsugaru?
15. What type of nut fell when Yasuko and Shingo were married?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color ribbon does Eiko wear in her hair in Section 3 of Chapter 3?
2. What type of flowers does Kikuko notice blooming since the typhoon damaged the sunflowers?
3. How long did Fusako and her children stay with her parents after Shuichi brought them home from the country?
4. In Chapter 2, how many cigarettes does Shingo remember lighting at the office all at once?
5. In a eulogy, how many years did a woman painter wear her hair straight back and held in place by a comb?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)