|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of a dwarf tree used to belong to Yasuko's sister?
2. In Section 2 of "A Blaze of Clouds," what does Yasuko reach for every time the house shakes?
(b) A candle.
(c) The bed cover.
(d) Shingo's hand.
3. In Chapter 2, how many cigarettes does Shingo remember lighting at the office all at once?
4. What type of flowers grow near Shingo's neighbor's house?
(a) Wood poppy.
(d) Maiden lily.
5. Where is Yasuko's old family house located?
6. Where does Kikuko have a small scar?
(a) Right arm.
7. How long is Tanna Tunnel?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) 4 miles.
(d) 2 miles.
8. What is the name of the dog that had puppies under Shingo's house?
9. What color ribbon does Eiko wear in her hair in Section 3 of Chapter 3?
10. How old are Fusako's children?
(a) 1 and 3.
(b) 3 and 5.
(c) 4 and 1.
(d) 4 and 6.
11. What time of day does Yasuko listen to a news commentary?
12. What type of butterflies does Shingo see in his garden?
(b) Blue triangle.
13. How long has the maid been gone?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 5 days.
14. What did Shingo believe that he picked up during a walk?
(a) Glass shard.
15. How many callers wait for Shingo after Toriyama's funeral?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eiko wearing on New Year's Day when she visits the Ogata family?
2. In a novel that Shuichi shows an office girl, what city does the novelist reference?
3. What name is on the gate of the house where Shuichi's mistress lives?
4. How many sons did Kitamoto lose in the war?
5. What does Shingo observe that the fence is made of that is in front of the house where Shuichi's mistress lives?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)