|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have Shuichi and Kikuko been married?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 3 years.
(c) Less than 2 years.
(d) About a year.
2. How many thirteen-year-old girls had legal abortions?
3. In Chapter 7, what type of leaf does Kikuko bring Shingo with a glass of water?
4. Who wakes Shingo early on New Year's Day?
5. How old are Fusako's children?
(a) 1 and 3.
(b) 3 and 5.
(c) 4 and 1.
(d) 4 and 6.
6. How old was Tanizaki when the man she loved died in the war?
7. In Chapter 5, what flowers are on Kikuko's obi and cloak?
8. In a novel that Shuichi shows an office girl, what city does the novelist reference?
9. What color ribbon does Eiko wear in her hair in Section 3 of Chapter 3?
10. How old was a woman painter when she died in a eulogy that Yasuko read?
11. What actor plays Benkei in the Kabuki play?
12. What was Aida drinking in one of Shingo's dreams?
(c) Plum Wine.
(d) Rice Wine.
13. How old is Yasuko's aunt?
14. Where is Yasuko's old family house located?
15. During dinner in Chapter 3, how many times do candles blow out?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eiko wearing on New Year's Day when she visits the Ogata family?
2. How many days does Shingo believe it will take to bring Fusako back?
3. What flowers does Shingo see after making arrangements for guests of his firm to visit an inn?
4. What did Grandfather Amamiya bring when he came to say that he was leaving?
5. What type of nut fell when Yasuko and Shingo were married?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)