|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Yasuko?
2. How old was Tanizaki when the man she loved died in the war?
3. When did a geisha tell Shingo that she had considered committing suicide?
(a) 2 months earlier.
(b) 1 month earlier.
(c) 2 days ago.
(d) 1 year ago.
4. What is the name of a maid Shingo attempts to remember?
5. What type of nut fell when Yasuko and Shingo were married?
6. Where is Yasuko's old family house located?
7. What type of nuts does Shingo eat in Chapter 1?
8. How long have Yasuko and Shingo been married?
(a) More than 30 years.
(b) 38 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) About 40 years.
9. What did Grandfather Amamiya bring when he came to say that he was leaving?
(a) Dog biscuits.
(c) 2 sacks of cookies.
(d) 2 bags of rice.
10. In Section 2 of "A Blaze of Clouds," what does Yasuko reach for every time the house shakes?
(a) A candle.
(b) The bed cover.
(c) Shingo's hand.
11. How old are Fusako's children?
(a) 4 and 1.
(b) 4 and 6.
(c) 1 and 3.
(d) 3 and 5.
12. How many middle-school pregnancies had there been in South Tsugaru?
13. What is Eiko wearing on New Year's Day when she visits the Ogata family?
(a) Flowered dress.
(b) Business suit.
(c) Black velvet dress.
(d) Colorful kimono.
14. Where does Kikuko have a small scar?
(d) Right arm.
15. On what day is there a typhoon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Shingo and Kikuko talk about Shuichi and Kikuko having their own home?
2. Where was there one middle-school pregnancy?
3. n Chapter 3, to whom does Yasuko say that a kerchief belonged to that Fusako had?
4. How old is Shingo?
5. In Chapter 2, how many cigarettes does Shingo remember lighting at the office all at once?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)