|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Fusako?
2. What direction does Shingo sit facing when the family eats meals together?
3. How old is Yasuko's aunt?
4. What flowers does Shingo see after making arrangements for guests of his firm to visit an inn?
5. What is Eiko wearing on New Year's Day when she visits the Ogata family?
(a) Flowered dress.
(b) Business suit.
(c) Black velvet dress.
(d) Colorful kimono.
6. How many children are in the back garden when Shingo awakes at the inn?
7. How long after Eiko quits work does she bring the woman who shares a house with Shuichi's mistress to see Shingo?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 3 weeks.
8. What does Shuichi hand Kikuko when he comes home at the beginning of Chapter 3?
9. Where is Yasuko's old family house located?
10. How long did the maid work for Shingo?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 2 years.
11. How old is the young girl who talks to Shingo about flowers blooming near her house?
(a) 11 or 12.
(b) 9 or 10.
(c) 12 or 13.
(d) 10 or 11.
12. What does Kikuko prepare to give Shuichi for his hangover in Chapter 8?
(a) Cold sake.
(b) Warm tea.
(c) Rice wine.
(d) Plum wine.
13. What type of nut fell when Yasuko and Shingo were married?
14. Where does Shingo think he might take a vacation in the summer?
15. Where did Kitamoto's wife and children take refuge from the air raids?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cigarettes does Shingo have in Section 3 of Chapter 3 before he asks Eiko to go dancing?
2. How old are Fusako's children?
3. With whom did a geisha consider committing suicide?
4. How many pieces of tin blew into Shingo's roof and garden?
5. What type of thickets are the side of a stream Shingo sees from his window at the inn?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)