|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Shingo believe that he picked up during a walk?
(c) Glass shard.
2. How long has Eiko worked in Shingo's office?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
3. n Chapter 3, to whom does Yasuko say that a kerchief belonged to that Fusako had?
(b) Yasuko's brother.
(d) Yasuko's sister.
4. Who wakes Shingo early on New Year's Day?
5. Where is Yasuko's old family house located?
6. How much older is Yasuko than Shingo?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 18 months.
7. How many middle-school pregnancies had there been in South Tsugaru?
8. How many thirteen-year-old girls had legal abortions?
9. When did Yasuko begin to look younger than Shingo?
(b) Just recently.
(c) She always looked younger.
10. What does Shingo put in his tea to help his memory?
(a) Rice wine.
11. What time is Shingo awakened by the noise Shuichi makes when he comes home drunk in Chapter 8?
12. Where was there one middle-school pregnancy?
13. Where does Shingo think he might take a vacation in the summer?
14. On what day is there a typhoon?
15. Where did Shuichi grow up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of flowers does Kikuko notice blooming since the typhoon damaged the sunflowers?
2. When did a geisha tell Shingo that she had considered committing suicide?
3. What is the name of the dog that had puppies under Shingo's house?
4. Where does Kikuko have a small scar?
5. What direction does Shingo sit facing when the family eats meals together?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)