|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of flowers does Kikuko notice blooming since the typhoon damaged the sunflowers?
2. What is Shingo offered to eat in a dream?
3. What did Grandfather Amamiya bring when he came to say that he was leaving?
(b) Dog biscuits.
(c) 2 sacks of cookies.
(d) 2 bags of rice.
4. How long has Eiko worked in Shingo's office?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 6 months.
5. When did Yasuko begin to look younger than Shingo?
(a) She always looked younger.
(b) Just recently.
6. What beverage does Kikuko serve Shingo mornings and evenings?
(a) Plum wine.
(d) Rice wine.
7. How old is Yasuko?
8. What day of the week did the maid leave?
9. What does Kikuko prepare to give Shuichi for his hangover in Chapter 8?
(a) Cold sake.
(b) Rice wine.
(c) Warm tea.
(d) Plum wine.
10. What does Shingo put in his tea to help his memory?
(c) Rice wine.
11. How long have Shuichi and Kikuko been married?
(a) Less than 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 18 months.
(d) About a year.
12. Who wakes Shingo early on New Year's Day?
13. When did a geisha tell Shingo that she had considered committing suicide?
(a) 1 month earlier.
(b) 2 days ago.
(c) 2 months earlier.
(d) 1 year ago.
14. On what day is there a typhoon?
15. How long after Eiko quits work does she bring the woman who shares a house with Shuichi's mistress to see Shingo?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the dog that had puppies under Shingo's house?
2. How many cigarettes does Shingo have in Section 3 of Chapter 3 before he asks Eiko to go dancing?
3. How many children were in Kikuko's family?
4. How many fifteen-year-old girls had legal abortions?
5. How old is Fusako?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)