|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is Shingo awakened by the noise Shuichi makes when he comes home drunk in Chapter 8?
2. During what season did Fusako leave her husband?
3. What type of nuts does Shingo eat in Chapter 1?
4. How old was Tanizaki when the man she loved died in the war?
5. What type of thickets are the side of a stream Shingo sees from his window at the inn?
6. How long did the maid work for Shingo?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 6 months.
7. How many fifteen-year-old girls had legal abortions?
8. Where was there one middle-school pregnancy?
9. What Kabuki play do Shingo, Yasuko, Shuichi, and Kikuko see in its movie version?
(b) Kumagai Jinya.
(c) Togitatsu No Utare.
10. How long have Yasuko and Shingo been married?
(a) About 40 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 38 years.
(d) More than 30 years.
11. How many children were in Kikuko's family?
12. Where is Yasuko's old family house located?
13. In Section 2 of "A Blaze of Clouds," what does Yasuko reach for every time the house shakes?
(b) The bed cover.
(c) A candle.
(d) Shingo's hand.
14. What is the month at the beginning of Chapter 1?
15. What does Shuichi hand Kikuko when he comes home at the beginning of Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. During dinner in Chapter 3, how many times do candles blow out?
2. How many thirteen-year-old girls had legal abortions?
3. n Chapter 3, to whom does Yasuko say that a kerchief belonged to that Fusako had?
4. What flowers does Shingo see after making arrangements for guests of his firm to visit an inn?
5. How many cigarettes does Shingo have in Section 3 of Chapter 3 before he asks Eiko to go dancing?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)