|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did a geisha tell Shingo that she had considered committing suicide?
(a) 1 month earlier.
(b) 1 year ago.
(c) 2 days ago.
(d) 2 months earlier.
2. What type of flowers does Kikuko notice blooming since the typhoon damaged the sunflowers?
3. How many fifteen-year-old girls had legal abortions?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Shingo compare marriage to?
(a) Train ride.
5. How many pieces of tin blew into Shingo's roof and garden?
6. What is the month at the beginning of Chapter 1?
7. Where is a friend of Kikuo's hospitalized after having had an abortion?
8. How old is the young girl who talks to Shingo about flowers blooming near her house?
(a) 12 or 13.
(b) 9 or 10.
(c) 10 or 11.
(d) 11 or 12.
9. In Chapter 2, how many cigarettes does Shingo remember lighting at the office all at once?
10. What is the name of the dog that had puppies under Shingo's house?
11. What does Shuichi hand Kikuko when he comes home at the beginning of Chapter 3?
12. How old is Yasuko's aunt?
13. What type of nut fell when Yasuko and Shingo were married?
14. What actor plays Benkei in the Kabuki play?
15. What does Shingo put in his tea to help his memory?
(d) Rice wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Kabuki play do Shingo, Yasuko, Shuichi, and Kikuko see in its movie version?
2. Where is Yasuko's old family house located?
3. What name is on the gate of the house where Shuichi's mistress lives?
4. What type of a dwarf tree used to belong to Yasuko's sister?
5. How old is Shingo?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)