|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Yasuko's aunt?
2. What type of nut fell when Yasuko and Shingo were married?
3. In Chapter 5, what flowers are on Kikuko's obi and cloak?
4. How old was a woman painter when she died in a eulogy that Yasuko read?
5. What was Aida drinking in one of Shingo's dreams?
(a) Plum Wine.
(c) Rice Wine.
6. How old is Yasuko?
7. How many thirteen-year-old girls had legal abortions?
8. What direction does Shingo sit facing when the family eats meals together?
9. What did Grandfather Amamiya bring when he came to say that he was leaving?
(a) 2 sacks of cookies.
(b) 2 bags of rice.
(c) Dog biscuits.
10. What actor plays Benkei in the Kabuki play?
11. How old is the young girl who talks to Shingo about flowers blooming near her house?
(a) 10 or 11.
(b) 12 or 13.
(c) 9 or 10.
(d) 11 or 12.
12. What is the name of the dog that had puppies under Shingo's house?
13. During what season did Fusako leave her husband?
14. Where is a friend of Kikuo's hospitalized after having had an abortion?
15. How long has Eiko worked in Shingo's office?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 18 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kikuko have a small scar?
2. What type of butterflies does Shingo see in his garden?
3. During dinner in Chapter 3, how many times do candles blow out?
4. n Chapter 3, to whom does Yasuko say that a kerchief belonged to that Fusako had?
5. What color ribbon does Eiko wear in her hair in Section 3 of Chapter 3?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)