|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of nuts does Shingo eat in Chapter 1?
2. When did a geisha tell Shingo that she had considered committing suicide?
(a) 1 year ago.
(b) 2 days ago.
(c) 1 month earlier.
(d) 2 months earlier.
3. How old is Fusako?
4. What did Shingo believe that he picked up during a walk?
(b) Glass shard.
5. Where did Kitamoto's wife and children take refuge from the air raids?
6. Where was there one middle-school pregnancy?
7. In a eulogy, how many years did a woman painter wear her hair straight back and held in place by a comb?
8. What Kabuki play do Shingo, Yasuko, Shuichi, and Kikuko see in its movie version?
(a) Togitatsu No Utare.
(d) Kumagai Jinya.
9. How old is Yasuko's aunt?
10. How old was Tanizaki when the man she loved died in the war?
11. What is the name of the dog that had puppies under Shingo's house?
12. In Chapter 7, what type of leaf does Kikuko bring Shingo with a glass of water?
13. How long does it take a train to pass through Tanna Tunnel?
(a) 7-8 minutes.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 2-3 minutes.
(d) 6 minutes.
14. Where does Kikuko have a small scar?
(a) Right arm.
15. When did Yasuko begin to look younger than Shingo?
(b) Just recently.
(d) She always looked younger.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Fusako and her children stay with her parents after Shuichi brought them home from the country?
2. What beverage does Kikuko serve Shingo mornings and evenings?
3. How many middle-school pregnancies had there been in South Tsugaru?
4. During what season did Fusako leave her husband?
5. What is the month at the beginning of Chapter 1?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)