|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sound of the Mountain and The Wings of the Locust.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage does Kikuko serve Shingo mornings and evenings?
(c) Plum wine.
(d) Rice wine.
2. With whom did a geisha consider committing suicide?
(a) A lover.
(b) Her sister.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) A cook.
3. In Chapter 2, how many cigarettes does Shingo remember lighting at the office all at once?
4. How old are Fusako's children?
(a) 4 and 6.
(b) 3 and 5.
(c) 1 and 3.
(d) 4 and 1.
5. How long has the maid been gone?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 4 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shingo buy at the fishmonger's after work in Chapter 1?
2. How much older is Yasuko than Shingo?
3. When did a geisha tell Shingo that she had considered committing suicide?
4. What is the month at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. In a novel that Shuichi shows an office girl, what city does the novelist reference?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)