The Sound of the Mountain and The Wings of the Locust
1. What is the name of a maid Shingo attempts to remember?
2. What day of the week did the maid leave?
3. How long has the maid been gone?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 5 days.
4. What did Shingo believe that he picked up during a walk?
(a) Glass shard.
5. Where did Shuichi grow up?
6. How long did the maid work for Shingo?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
7. How old is Yasuko?
8. How much older is Yasuko than Shingo?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 6 months.
9. When did Yasuko begin to look younger than Shingo?
(b) Just recently.
(c) She always looked younger.
10. What is the month at the beginning of Chapter 1?
11. When did a geisha tell Shingo that she had considered committing suicide?
(a) 2 months earlier.
(b) 1 year ago.
(c) 2 days ago.
(d) 1 month earlier.
12. With whom did a geisha consider committing suicide?
(a) A cook.
(b) A carpenter.
(c) A lover.
(d) Her sister.
This section contains 2,878 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)