The Sound of the Mountain and The Wings of the Locust
• Ogata Shingo seems to be losing his memory.
• His son, wife, and secretary have to help him remember.
• Shingo is married to Yasuko, a woman who is a year older than he.
• They have two children, a son and daughter, and two granddaughters.
• Shingo is annoyed with Yasuko because she has begun to snore again, which frequently wakes him.
• Struggling to sleep because of her snoring, he stares out the window and listens to locusts in the garden.
• While standing there, he believes he hears the sound of the mountain, a harbinger of death.
• This brings back a memory of a geisha who told Shingo she had attempted suicide.
• Shingo and his son Shuichi travel to and from work together since they work at the same firm.
• Lately, Shingo has been coming home alone because his son...
This section contains 2,070 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)