|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does DuBois say is the tragedy of the age?
(a) That virtue is typically powerless.
(b) That wickedness is rewarded with profit.
(c) That violence is tolerated and approved.
(d) That men know so little of men.
2. What state is the Black Belt in?
3. What is the third stream of thought DuBois describes in Chapter 6?
(a) Thoughts of revenge.
(b) The longing for the past.
(c) Aspiration to equality.
(d) Greedy thoughts of profit.
4. How does DuBois characterize the music blacks make at a revival?
5. What is the avenue for escape from the grind of debt, according to DuBois?
(a) Flee to town.
(b) Go West.
(c) Crop rotation.
(d) Save and invest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What period does DuBois’ history cover, in Chapter 2?
2. What ideal did Booker T. Washington believe in, that allowed him to lead?
3. What problem are the black farmers up against, that was not a problem during slavery?
4. What does DuBois say is the Negro’s status as of his writing?
5. What claim does DuBois make for Negro music?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)