|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does DuBois say the Negro Problem is a test of?
(a) American churches.
(b) American ideals.
(c) American cities.
(d) American bureaucracy.
2. What is the second thought DuBois describes in Chapter 6?
(a) That race is a harmless construct.
(b) That patience will be rewarded.
(c) That Negroes are not human.
(d) That whites are usurpers.
3. In what realm does DuBois want to work alongside whites?
(a) The public sphere.
(b) The free market.
(c) The international stage.
(d) The kingdom of culture.
4. What does DuBois say the land of the Black Belt is full of?
(a) Ancient blood.
(b) Unappeased spirits.
(c) Untold story.
5. What has black religion contributed to, in DuBois' account?
(a) American entertainment.
(b) American political life.
(c) Poor white religion.
(d) American middle-class religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ratio of blacks to whites in the Black Belt?
2. What Indian tribe’s land is Atlanta in?
3. How frequently did DuBois have to convince the parents about the value of book-learning?
4. What time of his life did DuBois spend teaching in the South?
5. What is the afterthought to this third thought, in DuBois' account?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)