|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these things did Booker T. Washington NOT ask American Negroes to give up?
(a) Insistence on civil rights.
(b) Higher education.
(c) Representation in taxation.
(d) Political power.
2. Who made the final word on policy regarding escaped slaves arriving in Union Army lines?
3. What time of his life did DuBois spend teaching in the South?
(a) The first ten years of his old age.
(b) Ten years after youth.
(c) The first ten years of his maturity.
(d) The end of his youth.
4. What is the water crying for, in the poem that opens Chapter 1?
5. Where does the image of the Golden Fleece come from?
(a) African myth.
(b) Roman myth.
(c) American history.
(d) Greek myth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage do the farmers to rent for fixed money enjoy, according to DuBois?
2. When were the slaves emancipated in the U.S.?
3. What is the third stream of thought DuBois describes in Chapter 6?
4. What does DuBois say is the keynote of the Black Belt?
5. What does DuBois say people were beginning to feel when Booker T. Washington began to lead?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)