|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Booker T. Washington’s ascendancy is the most remarkable event in American race relations since when, according to DuBois?
2. Who told DuBois of the school where he ended up teaching?
(a) Colonel Wheeler.
(b) Uncle Bird.
3. Where do warriors spring from, in the myth of the Golden Fleece?
(a) Mutilated body parts.
(b) Amputated fingers.
(c) Dragon’s teeth.
(d) Warriors’ weapons.
4. What position were blacks in, under the Freedmen’s Bureau?
(a) Wards of the U.S. government.
(b) Students of democracy.
(c) Children of each state.
(d) Workers in the American business.
5. Where was Josie when DuBois returned to the town of his first teaching assignment?
(a) She had moved to the city.
(b) She had died.
(c) She was living in town.
(d) She was still in the same house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the founder of the Freedmen’s Bureau?
2. Whose economic system resembles the economic system of the Black Belt?
3. What is the avenue for escape from the grind of debt, according to DuBois?
4. What does DuBois say is the Negro’s status as of his writing?
5. How does DuBois characterize Hippomenes?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)