|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position were blacks in, under the Freedmen’s Bureau?
(a) Students of democracy.
(b) Workers in the American business.
(c) Children of each state.
(d) Wards of the U.S. government.
2. How many students did DuBois have in his first classroom?
3. Where has Booker T. Washington been most criticized, in DuBois' account?
(a) From blacks.
(b) From southerners.
(c) From northerners.
(d) From abroad.
4. What was given up in the Atlanta Compromise?
(b) The vote.
(d) Legal rights.
5. How does DuBois characterize the Burkes’ home, when he returns to their area?
(a) Shoddy and failing.
(b) Same as it was.
(c) Much improved.
(d) Rough but prosperous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was DuBois’ solution to feeling isolated by his race?
2. What question does DuBois say people do not talk about?
3. What advice does DuBois say blacks have been getting from whites?
4. Who told DuBois of the school where he ended up teaching?
5. What was Ben Butler’s solution to the escaped slaves showing up in his camp?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)