|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does DuBois say people do not talk about?
(a) The Negro Problem.
(b) America’s foreign policy.
(c) The price of cotton.
(d) The right of blacks to vote.
2. What lightened DuBois’ teacher training?
(b) Religious services.
3. Who told DuBois of the school where he ended up teaching?
(a) Colonel Wheeler.
(d) Uncle Bird.
4. When were the slaves emancipated in the U.S.?
5. In what way does DuBois say blacks are torn?
(a) Between being loyal to the community or loyal to the nation.
(b) Between being loyal to Africa or loyal to America.
(c) Between being black and being American.
(d) Between being content with themselves, or outraged for their race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result of the Revolution of 1876?
2. What does DuBois say people have valued too highly, in the most recent period of Reconstruction?
3. What kinds of schools were blacks first given, after the Civil War?
4. How does DuBois characterize the Burkes’ home, when he returns to their area?
5. What is the afterthought to this second thought, in DuBois' account?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)