|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position were blacks in, under the Freedmen’s Bureau?
(a) Workers in the American business.
(b) Wards of the U.S. government.
(c) Students of democracy.
(d) Children of each state.
2. What question does DuBois say people do not talk about?
(a) The right of blacks to vote.
(b) America’s foreign policy.
(c) The Negro Problem.
(d) The price of cotton.
3. Who does DuBois say enjoyed the heyday when cotton production expanded in West Dougherty County?
(a) The nouveau riche.
(b) The Northern merchants.
(c) The Negroes.
(d) The slave traders.
4. Why did Ben fight with Sam Carlon?
(a) Carlon had not paid him for his work.
(b) Carlon had tried to seduce his sister.
(c) Carlon had stolen from him.
(d) Carlon had insulted him.
5. Where did DuBois says that he learned that he was black?
(a) In the crib.
(b) In school.
(c) In his house.
(d) In the womb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does DuBois say was the Negro’s first religion?
2. What is the third stream of thought DuBois describes in Chapter 6?
3. How does DuBois characterize the war’s effect on Atlanta?
4. What does DuBois say is the relationship between the black church and the world at large?
5. What was DuBois’ solution to feeling isolated by his race?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)