|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does DuBois say is the end that meat nourishes?
(c) Religious feeling.
(d) Political power.
2. How does DuBois characterize the process of land valuation in the Black Belt?
3. What does DuBois say he shared with the townspeople where he was teaching?
(a) A friendly antagonism.
(b) A deep hostility.
(c) A similar problem.
(d) A common consciousness.
4. How does the myth of Atalanta and Hippomenes conclude?
(a) With profanation.
(b) With desertion.
(c) With sanctification.
(d) With consecration.
5. How many bales of cotton went to London from the Black Belt by 1860?
Short Answer Questions
1. What traits does DuBois say are associated with the plantation Negro?
2. Who was the founder of the Freedmen’s Bureau?
3. Where do warriors spring from, in the myth of the Golden Fleece?
4. How does DuBois compare the plantation houses in Dougherty County with plantation houses in Virginia, in the time of slavery?
5. What kind of work is DuBois doing, by portraying the inhabitants of Dougherty County?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)