|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does DuBois say is the keynote of the Black Belt?
2. What are black and white doing together in the poem that opens Chapter 5?
3. The Black Belt is described as the ______ of the Confederacy.
(c) Bread basket.
(d) Blues capital.
4. Why did Ben fight with Sam Carlon?
(a) Carlon had tried to seduce his sister.
(b) Carlon had not paid him for his work.
(c) Carlon had insulted him.
(d) Carlon had stolen from him.
5. What Indian tribe’s land is Atlanta in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made the final word on policy regarding escaped slaves arriving in Union Army lines?
2. What has the poet not kept, in the poem that starts Chapter 7?
3. What is the ratio of blacks to whites in the Black Belt?
4. What does DuBois say the land of the Black Belt is full of?
5. Who does DuBois say once embodied the ideals of American blacks?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)