|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through June 16 through July 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Werther view those who keep their distance from commoners?
(a) As cowards.
(b) As wise.
(c) As sensible.
(d) As snobbish.
2. What activity does Werther fill his time with, at the beginning of the novel?
3. To what does Werther compare himself in regards to the young woman with whom he has fallen in love?
(a) A madman.
(b) A child.
(c) A king.
(d) A miser.
4. What presence does Werther sense all around him?
(a) The hopes of the future.
(b) The presence of God.
(c) The shadow of the past.
(d) The foreboding of doom.
5. In which country does this novel take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person to whom Werther writes his letters?
2. What does Werther like to watch the village girls do?
3. How does the main character view his business affairs turning out?
4. What does the main character find enjoyable about the area he has arrived at in the first letter?
5. How does Werther see the story of the person near the plow in the town square?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)