|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through June 16 through July 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Werther's new female friend "as good as engaged"?
(a) To Albert.
(b) To John.
(c) To Patrick.
(d) To Nicholas.
2. To what does Werther compare the young woman with whom he has fallen in love?
(a) A dove.
(b) A sinner.
(c) A prophet.
(d) A martyr.
3. Whose business must the main character deal with in the first letter?
(a) His mother's.
(b) His good friend's.
(c) His father's.
(d) His associate's.
4. What does Werther feel very connected to?
5. In which month of the year does the novel begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Werther compare his general opinion on painting in the letter of May 30?
2. Why has Werther not written to the usual recipient of his letters as of late?
3. What subject do Werther and the other young people discuss at the vicar's home?
4. What does the main character vow to do now that he is away?
5. How does Werther view those who keep their distance from commoners?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)