|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through June 16 through July 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man Werther meets at the vicar's home?
(a) Mr. Schiller.
(b) Mr. Schmidt.
(c) Mr. Vollner.
(d) Mr. Metzger.
2. In his letter of May 17, what does Werther find the state of humanity to be?
(a) Horribly sinful.
(b) Happy and joyous.
(c) Generally monotonous.
(d) Awesome and inspiring.
3. Whom does Werther assist in his or her daily chore?
(a) A footman repairing a broken carriage.
(b) A farmer-boy repairing a plow.
(c) A cook buying food for supper.
(d) A servant girl drawing water from the spring.
4. What does Werther consider to be the closest thing to his own heart?
5. What, according to the main character, leads to the most complications in business affairs?
(a) Misunderstanding and lethargy.
(b) The multitude of forms and official notices.
(c) Greed and miserliness.
(d) The irritatingly slow postal system.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the main character describe the town in which he resides as of the first letter?
2. Why is the main character happy at the beginning of the first letter?
3. To what does Werther compare the young woman with whom he has fallen in love?
4. In which country does this novel take place?
5. What is the name of the woman Werther meets at the vicar's home?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)