|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May 17 through 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the main character describe the town in which he resides as of the first letter?
(a) As "picturesque."
(b) As "backward."
(c) As "disagreeable."
(d) As "cozy."
2. What is the substance of the main character's business project at the beginning of the book?
(a) Arrangements for travel.
(b) An inheritance dispute.
(c) The interviewing of potential servants.
(d) A building contract.
3. What author does Werther enjoy reading?
(d) St. Augustine.
4. What is the name of the youngest person Werther meets in the town square?
5. In his letter of May 17, what does Werther find the state of humanity to be?
(a) Awesome and inspiring.
(b) Happy and joyous.
(c) Generally monotonous.
(d) Horribly sinful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main character's name?
2. What is the name of the town an hours' walk from where Werther currently lodges?
3. What presence does Werther sense all around him?
4. With whom must the main character transact the business to which he refers in the first letter?
5. How many children does the estate manager have, whom Werther meets?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)