|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May 17 through 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Werther aware of, regarding himself and the townsfolk?
(a) That they come from the same common stock.
(b) That they are not, and can never be, equals.
(c) That they can never be honest with one another.
(d) That they must always be suspicious of one another.
2. What activity does Werther fill his time with, at the beginning of the novel?
3. According to Werther in his letter of May 26, how is great art made?
(a) By honing one's skills in an apprenticeship.
(b) By following the classical rules of proportion.
(c) By allowing one's imagination to supplement nature.
(d) By adhering to what Nature offers the artist.
4. With whom must the main character transact the business to which he refers in the first letter?
(a) With his aunt.
(b) With his landlord.
(c) With his neighbor.
(d) With his fiance.
5. What does Werther give the people he meets in the town square?
(b) A stern lecture.
(c) A smile.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Werther see the story of the person near the plow in the town square?
2. How does the main character view his business affairs turning out?
3. What was the reception Werther first received from the common townsfolk?
4. What of old Count von M.'s does the main character praise for its pleasurable effect?
5. What is the name of the person to whom Werther writes his letters?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)