|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 30 through December 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Werther view those who keep their distance from commoners?
(a) As snobbish.
(b) As cowards.
(c) As sensible.
(d) As wise.
2. To what does Werther compare himself at the end of the letter of November 30?
(a) To the prodigal son.
(b) To a sick child.
(c) To the traitorous Brutus.
(d) To a brave soldier.
3. In the letter of December 24. Werther mentions a woman who brags about her social station. What is her social status?
(a) She is a wealthy merchant's wife.
(b) She is a countess.
(c) She is a clerk's daughter.
(d) She is a farm-girl.
4. Of what feeling does Werther complain in the letter of August 22?
5. What presence does Werther sense all around him?
(a) The presence of God.
(b) The foreboding of doom.
(c) The hopes of the future.
(d) The shadow of the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Werther receive an invitation to travel, as related in the letter of May 9?
2. What caused the person Werther met in the Letter of November 30 to act the way he does?
3. What is this person Werther meets on his walk doing when Werther meets them?
4. What was the reception Werther first received from the common townsfolk?
5. What best describes the personality of Werther's employer?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)