|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 30 through December 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Werther continually assert in the letter of March 15 about his social faux pas?
(a) That he was in the right, and others were wrong.
(b) That he got pleasure out of others' discomfort.
(c) That the thought of it never entered his mind.
(d) That he intended to push the boundaries all along.
2. What does Werther feel now that he is in this new location at the beginning of the book?
3. According to Werther, what is the one thing that makes Man's life worthwhile?
4. At the beginning of Book Two, who employs Werther?
(a) A prince.
(b) An ambassador.
(c) An estate manager.
(d) A count.
5. What vision is Werther constantly haunted by, as related in the letter of December 6?
(a) Lotte's figure.
(b) A dead man.
(c) A weapon in his own hand.
(d) Fire and brimstone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which poet does Werther's new female friend mention in relation to the event which disrupts the large gathering they attend?
2. What does Werther find trying about his employer?
3. What relationship did the person Werther met in the letter of November 30 have to Werther's other friends?
4. What is this person Werther meets on his walk doing when Werther meets them?
5. What does the main character vow to do now that he is away?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)