|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May 17 through 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What of old Count von M.'s does the main character praise for its pleasurable effect?
(a) The stables.
(b) The fields.
(c) The mansion.
(d) The garden.
2. In which country does this novel take place?
3. What does Werther implore the addressee of his letters to do in his letter of May 13?
(a) To reconcile an argument with another good friend.
(b) To send Werther no books.
(c) To accompany Werther on a journey.
(d) To write to Werther's mother.
4. To what does Werther compare his general opinion on painting in the letter of May 30?
(a) To poetry.
(b) To sketching.
(c) To drama.
(d) To mathematics.
5. What is the name of the youngest person Werther meets in the town square?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Werther converse near the plow in the town square?
2. What is the name of the town an hours' walk from where Werther currently lodges?
3. How does the main character describe the town in which he resides as of the first letter?
4. In his letter of May 22, what does Werther assert makes people truly happy?
5. What is the main character's name?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)