|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 20 through December 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which object or objects is Werther surprised to find clear evidence of his own folly?
(a) In his own diary.
(b) In his notes on Homer.
(c) In the town newspaper.
(d) In his letters to his friend.
2. What subject is Werther's employer continuously harping on?
3. What does Werther think of when he watches the village girls?
(a) The "civilized pastimes of society."
(b) The "bucolic pleasures of the country."
(c) The "divine inspiration of the landscape."
(d) The "patriarchal ways of life."
4. To what does Werther compare his general opinion on painting in the letter of May 30?
(a) To sketching.
(b) To drama.
(c) To poetry.
(d) To mathematics.
5. What relative of the girl Werther finds attractive does Werther meet?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What notable event occurs in the novel on August 28?
2. What feeling fills Werther when he is alone in nature?
3. Which poet does Werther's new female friend mention in relation to the event which disrupts the large gathering they attend?
4. What effect does Lotte's continued presence have on Werther?
5. In his letter of May 22, what does Werther assert makes people truly happy?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)