|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 20 through December 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes the personality of Werther's employer?
2. To what does Werther compare himself in regards to the young woman with whom he has fallen in love?
(a) A child.
(b) A madman.
(c) A miser.
(d) A king.
3. What story does the person near the plow in the town square tell Werther?
(a) He tells him of his father's death.
(b) He tells him of his time in the King's court.
(c) He tells him of a recent disaster.
(d) He tells him of his devotion to his mistress.
4. What does Werther find trying about his employer?
(a) The man is too meticulous.
(b) The man is extremely condescending.
(c) The man is too nosy.
(d) The man is not wealthy enough.
5. What does Werther feel very connected to?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Werther's new female friend "as good as engaged"?
2. Whom does Werther blame for his irritation with his current employment?
3. What activity do Werther and his new female friend engage in together?
4. Why does Werther like the new person he met in the letter of November 26?
5. Which poet does Werther's new female friend mention in relation to the event which disrupts the large gathering they attend?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)