|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 4 through November 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What irritates Werther about Lotte and the friend who visits her in the letter of October 26?
(a) Their high-pitched laughter.
(b) Their insistence on reading Werther's letters aloud.
(c) Their seeming indifference to the losses of others.
(d) Their reliance on men for their livelihoods.
2. What example does Werther use to support his argument of the subject in the letter of August 12?
(a) A boy who hanged himself.
(b) A girl who drowned herself.
(c) A man who shot himself.
(d) A woman who poisoned herself.
3. What is the name of the person to whom Werther writes his letters?
4. What kind of tree borders the town square where Werther spends much of his time?
(a) Maple trees.
(b) Birch trees.
(c) Linden trees.
(d) Fir trees.
5. According to Werther, what is the one thing that makes Man's life worthwhile?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does Werther compare in his argument in the letter of August 12?
2. What does Werther think of Albert?
3. How does Werther see the story of the person near the plow in the town square?
4. What phrase of Lotte's does Werther find extraordinary, as related in the letter of November 21?
5. With whom does Werther converse near the plow in the town square?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)