|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 4 through November 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Werther in the letter of October 19, what will fill the void in his heart?
(a) Writing sentimental poetry.
(b) Traveling abroad.
(c) Holding Lotte to his heart.
(d) Finding a wife of his own.
2. What type of animal does Lotte keep as a pet?
(a) A spoiled cat.
(b) A mare.
(c) A hound-dog.
(d) A canary.
3. What irritates Werther about Lotte and the friend who visits her in the letter of October 26?
(a) Their reliance on men for their livelihoods.
(b) Their insistence on reading Werther's letters aloud.
(c) Their seeming indifference to the losses of others.
(d) Their high-pitched laughter.
4. What does Werther give the people he meets in the town square?
(b) A stern lecture.
(d) A smile.
5. What does Werther resolve to do in the letter of September 3?
(a) To write a love letter to Lotte.
(b) To leave Wahlheim.
(c) To take his own life.
(d) To propose to Lotte.
Short Answer Questions
1. What recent event, related in the letter of September 15, makes Werther both angry and sad?
2. What is the name of the person to whom Werther writes his letters?
3. According to Werther in the letter of November 15, what is the fate of Man?
4. Whom does Werther blame for his sorrows in the letter of November 3?
5. With whom does Werther converse near the plow in the town square?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)