|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lan?
(a) Kien's mother
(b) A friend
(c) Kien's sister
(d) A fellow soldier
2. What Point of View perspective is the first Part written from?
(a) Fourth Person
(b) Second Person
(c) Third Person
(d) First Person perspective
3. Where is Kien at the start of the chapter?
(a) At the Library
(b) At the Market Place
(c) At the School
(d) At the Supermarket
4. What characterised the feelings that Kien had for warfare before it happened?
(a) Almost like Love
5. Where is Kien when he starts reliving his experiences?
(a) The Jungle of Screaming Souls
(c) The Forest of Lost Hope
Short Answer Questions
1. In Kien's memories, why was the commander begging to be shot?
2. What does Kien tell the Mute Girl when he visits her?
3. How many years latter is this account set from the war?
4. Who was the boy that Kien had feelings for?
5. Why did the American government go to War in Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kien write so obsessively?
2. Why does the transport truck driver say it is no wonder that Kien is having bad dreams?
3. During what years did the Vietnam War take place?
4. Who is Lan?
5. Why is Kien so distressed at the start of Part 2?
6. What is Kien warned against by his parents in this section?
7. What War is discussed in The Sorrow of War?
8. Where is Hanoi?
9. Who lives above Kien’ s apartment after the war?
10. Why does Kien and Phuong's relationship turn sour after they reunite?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)