|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What airport did Kien find himself in at the end of the war?
2. In Kien's memories, why was the commander begging to be shot?
(a) To release him from his suffering
(b) Because he had failed a particular objective
(c) Because he had gone mad
(d) Because of the shame of his job
3. What does the Mute Girl do for Kien's writings?
(a) Sells them
(b) Burns them
(c) Copies them
(d) Gathers them together into one manuscript
4. What terrain does most of the war take place in?
(c) Jungles and Mountains
5. What is special about the Mute Girl's apartment?
(a) It is always sunny
(b) It always smells nice
(c) Phuong used to own it
(d) It was the one that his father used to own
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Mute Girl find Kien attempting to do before he disappears?
2. What position did Kien hold in the War?
3. Who is Kien's only companion as he starts these remembrances?
4. What happens between Hien and Kien?
5. What political position did the American's Hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kien think about executing the North Vietnamese commandos?
2. Who was Tranh?
3. How does Kien’s writing help him psychologically?
4. Why does the transport truck driver say it is no wonder that Kien is having bad dreams?
5. What job do we find Kien doing at the start of The Sorrow of War?
6. What does Kien do for his friend the Mute Girl?
7. How many years later is the current narrative?
8. Who is Hanh?
9. Who lives above Kien’ s apartment after the war?
10. Why does the transport truck driver wake him up at the end of Part 1?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)