|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Kien start writing about the war?
(a) When he first signs up at the war office
(b) Twenty years later
(c) Fourteen years later
(d) The night after he breaks up with Phuong
2. Who lives above Kien?
(a) The Blind Boy
(b) The Old Lady
(c) The Deaf Girl
(d) The Mute Girl
3. Where is Kien when he starts reliving his experiences?
(b) The Forest of Lost Hope
(d) The Jungle of Screaming Souls
4. What is it that Kien wants most when he returns from war to Hanoi?
(a) To start work
(b) To see his father again
(c) To see Phuong
(d) To open a shop
5. What was Kien’s father’s job before the war?
(d) School Teacher
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mute Girl feel towards Kien?
2. Where is Kien at the start of the chapter?
3. What political position did the North Vietnamese Hold?
4. What happened to the farmhouse girls?
5. Who was Tranh?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Market Place at the beginning of Part 2 disturb him so much?
2. How many years later is the current narrative?
3. What War is discussed in The Sorrow of War?
4. Why does Kien write so obsessively?
5. What happened to Can?
6. What does Kien try to do to his manuscript that alarms his neighbors so much?
7. What is the significance of where the Mute Girl lives?
8. Why is Kien so distressed at the start of Part 2?
9. During what years did the Vietnam War take place?
10. What is Kien warned against by his parents in this section?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)