|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Saigon the capital of?
(a) North Vietnam
(c) South Vietnam
(d) South America
2. How much time passes whilst Kien is away?
(a) A week
(b) Fourteen years
(c) Three years
(d) A year
3. What was the last 'fun' memory that Kien remembers having with his troops in Part 1?
(a) Of going out to a bar
(b) Of having a card game with his platoon
(c) Of listening to music
(d) Of telling jokes
4. After the war, why does Phuong and Kien's second attempt at a relationship fail?
(a) Kien drinks too much
(b) Kien's father gets in the way
(c) They have both been with other lovers
(d) Phuong has a long distance job
5. What becomes Kien's 'last enduring obsession?
(c) A child's toy
(d) The beautiful south Vietnamese soldier who ambushed them
6. Why is it called the Jungle of Screaming Souls?
(a) Because of an ancient legend associated with that area
(b) Because of the high winds in the area
(c) Because of the terrible battles that were fought there
(d) Because of the monkeys that live there
7. What happens between Hien and Kien?
(a) They argue
(b) They make love
(c) They fight
(d) They gamble
8. Who was the boy that Kien had feelings for?
9. What does Kien do, that causes the Truck Driver to wake him up?
(a) He fires his gun
(b) Cries out in his sleep
(c) He punches the driver
(d) He curses
10. On whose side were the American's fighting during the Vietnam War?
(a) The North Vietnamese
(b) The South Vietnamese
(c) The British
(d) Their U.N's
11. In Kien's memories, why was the commander begging to be shot?
(a) Because of the shame of his job
(b) To release him from his suffering
(c) Because he had gone mad
(d) Because he had failed a particular objective
12. How many years latter is this account set from the war?
13. Where is Kien at the start of the chapter?
(a) At the School
(b) At the Library
(c) At the Supermarket
(d) At the Market Place
14. What relation was it who urged Kien against Patriotism?
(a) His mother's first husband
(b) His Mother's Second Husband
(c) His mother
(d) His Uncle
15. Where does Kien live in the present day?
(a) In an apartment complex
(b) In a cottage
(c) In a mansion
(d) In a tenement building
Short Answer Questions
1. What enemies did Kien face during the war?
2. What position did Kien hold in the War?
3. Why did Kien become a body collector?
4. Who is Phuong?
5. What form does Kien's writing take?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)