|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes whilst Kien is away?
(a) A week
(b) Fourteen years
(c) A year
(d) Three years
2. Why was Kien thinking about executing the commandos?
(a) They insulted Phuong
(b) They ambushed his platoon
(c) They were fighting for the Americans
(d) They killed civilians
3. Who is Hien?
(a) A commandder of the army
(b) A soldier friend whom Kien meets on the train to Hanoi
(c) A ghost
(d) An old school friend
4. Who was Tranh?
(a) A boy from school
(b) A friend of Kien's
(c) A commander of their brigade
(d) A lover of Phuong's
5. What was Kien’s father’s job before the war?
(b) School Teacher
6. What is Kien's primary method to exorcise his guilt about the Vietnamese War?
(a) He drinks excessively
(b) He writes obsessively
(c) He cries ceaselessly
(d) He fights constantly
7. What happened to the farmhouse girls?
(a) They were brutalised and killed
(b) They fled North Vietnam
(c) They moved to Hanoi
(d) Kien saved them
8. Who was the boy that Kien had feelings for?
9. Why did Kien visit Tranh at the end of this chapter?
(a) To say sorry
(b) To see him on his death bed, before he dies
(c) To give him a gift
(d) To ask for money
10. On whose side were the American's fighting during the Vietnam War?
(a) The British
(b) The South Vietnamese
(c) Their U.N's
(d) The North Vietnamese
11. In Kien's memories, why was the commander begging to be shot?
(a) Because of the shame of his job
(b) Because he had failed a particular objective
(c) To release him from his suffering
(d) Because he had gone mad
12. What is Kien doing at the start of Part Three?
(a) Fighting the enemy
(b) Hiding with Phuong
(c) Going abroad
(d) Returning home after the war
13. How did Kien get to know Lan during the war?
(a) He saved her life during the war
(b) He stayed at her house during Army Training
(c) She trained with him during Army Training
(d) She smuggled food for him
14. How many years latter is this account set from the war?
15. What did Kien's father warn him against?
(b) Going into Politics
(d) The Americans
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Mute Girl realise that their relationship is over?
2. What does Kien's father think Patriotim is opposed to, as seen in his quote?
3. Where is Kien at the start of the chapter?
4. What does the Mute Girl feel towards Kien?
5. What did the character of Can try to do?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)