|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Truck Driver say that it is unsurprising that Kien has bad dreams?
(a) Because they are older men now
(b) Because he has had a bad war
(c) Because of the time of night
(d) Because they are in the Jungle
2. What War did Kien Fight on, and on which side?
(a) Communist China, Second World War
(b) North Vietnamese, Vietnam War
(c) Guerillas, Combodia
(d) Allied's, Second World War
3. What relation was it who urged Kien against Patriotism?
(a) His mother's first husband
(b) His mother
(c) His Uncle
(d) His Mother's Second Husband
4. When does Kien start writing about the war?
(a) The night after he breaks up with Phuong
(b) When he first signs up at the war office
(c) Fourteen years later
(d) Twenty years later
5. Just before the outbreak of the Vietnam conflict, who was the enemy that Vietnam was about to go to war with?
6. What does Kien tell the Mute Girl when he visits her?
(a) He tells her that she is beautiful
(b) He tells her fairy stories
(c) He tells her story about the War
(d) He tells her horror stories
7. What is it that Kien wants most when he returns from war to Hanoi?
(a) To see Phuong
(b) To open a shop
(c) To start work
(d) To see his father again
8. What terrain does most of the war take place in?
(a) Jungles and Mountains
9. What is special about the Mute Girl's apartment?
(a) It always smells nice
(b) Phuong used to own it
(c) It was the one that his father used to own
(d) It is always sunny
10. How much time passes whilst Kien is away?
(a) Three years
(b) A week
(c) Fourteen years
(d) A year
11. What does Kien do to the Commandoes when he finds them?
(a) He puts them on trial
(b) He takes their weapons away
(c) He executes them
(d) He spares them
12. Who is Hien?
(a) A ghost
(b) A commandder of the army
(c) An old school friend
(d) A soldier friend whom Kien meets on the train to Hanoi
13. What airport did Kien find himself in at the end of the war?
14. What Point of view is this chapter written in?
(a) The first person and the third person perspective
(b) The Second point of view
(c) The fourth point of view
(d) The Third point of view
15. What political position did the American's Hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Kien visit Tranh at the end of this chapter?
2. Who is Lan?
3. What did Kien's father warn him against?
4. What happened to the farmhouse girls?
5. What Point of View perspective is the first Part written from?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)