1. What War is discussed in The Sorrow of War?
The Vietnam War is the war discussed.
2. What side is Kien on during the War?
He is fighting with the North Vietnamese.
3. What job do we find Kien doing at the start of The Sorrow of War?
Kien is a body collector and recorder.
4. What is the Jungle called that Kien finds himself outside of
The Jungle of Screaming Souls
5. During what years did the Vietnam War take place?
The Vietnam War took place during the 1960s and 1970s.
6. Why does Kien think about executing the North Vietnamese commandos?
The commandos killed three girls in a farmhouse.
7. What happened to Can?
Can tried to desert but was later found dead in the Jungle.
8. Why does the transport truck driver wake him up at the end of Part 1?
Kien was having bad dreams.
This section contains 1,270 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)