|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7, p. 211-217.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sense suddenly gives Kien a memory of his wartime experiences?
(a) The sight of the people
(b) The smells around him
(c) The taste of the food
(d) The sound of the marketplace
2. Why is it lucky that Kien and Phuong miss their first train?
(a) They avoid someone they don't like
(b) It broke down on the way to the War
(c) It got bombed
(d) It was late getting to the front line
3. How are Kien and Phuong separated the very next day?
(a) Phuong goes to University whilst Kien is called for army training
(b) Kien is ordered away by his father
(c) The Americans invade
(d) Phuong is betrothed to someone else
4. What political position did the North Vietnamese Hold?
5. What does Phuong urge Kien to do after they hear the siren?
(a) To fight the American menace
(b) To stay with her; to desert the army
(c) To take cover
(d) To leave Vietnam
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kien worry he should be doing with his writing?
2. Who is Lan?
3. What does Kien dream about Phuong in the final part?
4. What happened to the farmhouse girls?
5. What profession did Kien's father hold?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)