|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, p. 180 – 211.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mute Girl do for Kien's writings?
(a) Burns them
(b) Gathers them together into one manuscript
(c) Copies them
(d) Sells them
2. Where is Kien at the start of the chapter?
(a) At the Supermarket
(b) At the School
(c) At the Market Place
(d) At the Library
3. What did Kien's father warn him against?
(a) Going into Politics
(d) The Americans
4. Who is Hoa?
(a) A young female guide who sacrifices herself for Kien and his platoon
(b) Kien's childhood sweetheart
(c) A friend of Phuong's
(d) Kien's second in command
5. Who was Toan?
(a) A commander of the army
(b) A neighbor
(c) A fellow member of his platoon who was killed outside of Saigon
(d) An old school friend
Short Answer Questions
1. What does 'indoctrination' mean?
2. What does Phuong want Kien to be?
3. How does Phuong help Kien to rejoin his unit and avoid being accused of desertion?
4. What happens to the train that Phuong and Kien eventually get on?
5. How much time passes whilst Kien is away?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)