|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, p. 180 – 211.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Phuong and Kien separate after their night at the abandoned school?
(a) They are attacked by soldiers
(b) There is another aerial bombardment
(c) Kien flees from her in shame and anger
(d) They get lost
2. Who is Hien?
(a) A soldier friend whom Kien meets on the train to Hanoi
(b) An old school friend
(c) A commandder of the army
(d) A ghost
3. What 'peaceful' memory of the war does Kien think about in this Part?
(a) Smoking cigarettes
(b) Their platoon's trip to Hanoi
(c) Gambling with his platoon
(d) Their platoon's trip to a southern farm
4. What enemies did Kien face during the war?
(a) The Americans and the south Vietnamese
(b) The Germans
(c) The Chinese
(d) The French
5. What War did Kien Fight on, and on which side?
(a) North Vietnamese, Vietnam War
(b) Communist China, Second World War
(c) Guerillas, Combodia
(d) Allied's, Second World War
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hanoi?
2. What does Phuong finally tell Kien about their future in the form of a note?
3. How does Phuong help Kien to rejoin his unit and avoid being accused of desertion?
4. What does the Mute Girl feel towards Kien?
5. Where did Kien go, many years after the war had ended?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)