|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, p. 180 – 211.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kien almost kill himself?
(a) Because he cannot bear the thought of war
(b) Because he sees how far removed he and Phuong have become
(c) Because he cannot bear the thought of losing Phuong
(d) Out of grief for his father
2. What object does Kien receive years later?
(c) Military-issued gun
3. Before Kien started frequenting the Cafe, how many times in his life had he been drunk before?
(b) Three times
(c) Fourteen times
(d) Four times
4. What does Phuong taunt Kien about becoming?
(a) A pacifist
(b) A communist
(c) A killer
(d) A capitalist
5. Who was Tranh?
(a) A lover of Phuong's
(b) A friend of Kien's
(c) A commander of their brigade
(d) A boy from school
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kien recognise about the driver of the tram on his return home from the bar?
2. Where does Kien go in Part Five to reminisce about the War?
3. Why does Kien find it so difficult to accept Tranh's death?
4. What airport did Kien find himself in at the end of the war?
5. What does Kien worry he should be doing with his writing?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)