|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, p. 135 – 180.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What enemies did Kien face during the war?
(a) The French
(b) The Americans and the south Vietnamese
(c) The Germans
(d) The Chinese
2. What does Kien recognise about the driver of the tram on his return home from the bar?
(a) That he is actually Phuong
(b) It is the father of Toan
(c) That he is a ghost from the war
(d) That he is a long lost friend
3. How many years latter is this account set from the war?
4. What sense suddenly gives Kien a memory of his wartime experiences?
(a) The smells around him
(b) The taste of the food
(c) The sight of the people
(d) The sound of the marketplace
5. Where does Kien live in the present day?
(a) In a mansion
(b) In a cottage
(c) In an apartment complex
(d) In a tenement building
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Tranh?
2. Why did the American government go to War in Vietnam?
3. Who was Toan?
4. What do Kien's neighbors feel about Kien?
5. How much time passes whilst Kien is away?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)