|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, p. 72 – 106.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Mute Girl realise that their relationship is over?
(a) When Kien starts crying
(b) When she finds that he has disappeared
(c) When Kien talks about Phuong
(d) When Kien spends too much time writing
2. Who were responsible for the farmhouse girl's deaths?
(a) The South Vietnamese
(b) North Vietnamese Commandoes
(c) The Americans
(d) Kien's own platoon
3. Why did Kien visit Tranh at the end of this chapter?
(a) To see him on his death bed, before he dies
(b) To say sorry
(c) To give him a gift
(d) To ask for money
4. What does Kien do to the Commandoes when he finds them?
(a) He executes them
(b) He puts them on trial
(c) He takes their weapons away
(d) He spares them
5. What Point of view is this chapter written in?
(a) The first person and the third person perspective
(b) The Third point of view
(c) The Second point of view
(d) The fourth point of view
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Tranh?
2. Where does Kien live in the present day?
3. What job did Kien do during the Vietnamese War, which he remembers so vividly?
4. How many years latter is this account set from the war?
5. After the war, why does Phuong and Kien's second attempt at a relationship fail?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)