|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, p. 72 – 106.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What enemies did Kien face during the war?
(a) The French
(b) The Americans and the south Vietnamese
(c) The Germans
(d) The Chinese
2. In what years was the Vietnam War fought?
(a) early 90's
(b) 50's and 60's
3. What disturbing memory does Kien have about his fellow troops at the Airport?
(a) That they looted Saigon
(b) About their rough treatment of the bodies of the South Vietnamese
(c) That they destroyed the airport
(d) That they all got drunk
4. In Kien's memories, why had the man 'reverted to the wild'?
(a) Because he had spent too long in the Jungle
(b) Because of a secret enemy weapon
(c) Because he had lost his mind in combat
(d) Because he had taken drugs
5. Who is Hien?
(a) A commandder of the army
(b) An old school friend
(c) A soldier friend whom Kien meets on the train to Hanoi
(d) A ghost
Short Answer Questions
1. What is special about the Mute Girl's apartment?
2. Why did the American government go to War in Vietnam?
3. Where is Kien at the start of the chapter?
4. What Point of view is this chapter written in?
5. What terrain does most of the war take place in?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)