|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, p. 72 – 106.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Kien at the start of the chapter?
(a) At the Supermarket
(b) At the School
(c) At the Market Place
(d) At the Library
2. What does Kien think writing will achieve for him?
(a) It will make him rich
(b) It transforms his experiences and memories and makes sense of them
(c) It will show the world what Vietnam went through
(d) It will make him famous
3. Why did Kien become a body collector?
(a) Because it meant he could be alone
(b) To assuage some of his guilt concerning the war
(c) Because he needed the money
(d) Because he was head hunted for the job
4. Who is Lan?
(a) A fellow soldier
(b) Kien's mother
(c) A friend
(d) Kien's sister
5. Who were responsible for the farmhouse girl's deaths?
(a) North Vietnamese Commandoes
(b) The South Vietnamese
(c) The Americans
(d) Kien's own platoon
Short Answer Questions
1. On whose side were the American's fighting during the Vietnam War?
2. What does Kien do, that causes the Truck Driver to wake him up?
3. What is the term for the sudden remembrances that Kien suffers throughout The Sorrow of War?
4. What terrain does most of the war take place in?
5. How many years latter is this account set from the war?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)