|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, p. 72 – 106.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Mute Girl realise that their relationship is over?
(a) When she finds that he has disappeared
(b) When Kien starts crying
(c) When Kien spends too much time writing
(d) When Kien talks about Phuong
2. What is Kien doing at the start of Part Three?
(a) Going abroad
(b) Returning home after the war
(c) Fighting the enemy
(d) Hiding with Phuong
3. What War did Kien Fight on, and on which side?
(a) North Vietnamese, Vietnam War
(b) Guerillas, Combodia
(c) Communist China, Second World War
(d) Allied's, Second World War
4. In what years was the Vietnam War fought?
(a) 50's and 60's
(c) early 90's
5. What was the last 'fun' memory that Kien remembers having with his troops in Part 1?
(a) Of going out to a bar
(b) Of telling jokes
(c) Of having a card game with his platoon
(d) Of listening to music
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kien worry he should be doing with his writing?
2. Why did the American government go to War in Vietnam?
3. What is Kien's job at the start of The Sorrow of War, while he is in the transport truck?
4. Where is Hanoi?
5. What did the character of Can try to do?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)