|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, p. 39 – 72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kien's primary method to exorcise his guilt about the Vietnamese War?
(a) He writes obsessively
(b) He drinks excessively
(c) He fights constantly
(d) He cries ceaselessly
2. What enemies did Kien face during the war?
(a) The French
(b) The Americans and the south Vietnamese
(c) The Germans
(d) The Chinese
3. Who is Lan?
(a) A friend
(b) Kien's mother
(c) Kien's sister
(d) A fellow soldier
4. What does Kien think writing will achieve for him?
(a) It will show the world what Vietnam went through
(b) It will make him famous
(c) It will make him rich
(d) It transforms his experiences and memories and makes sense of them
5. What position did Kien hold in the War?
(a) Platoon commander
(c) Truck Driver
(d) Brigadier General
Short Answer Questions
1. What Point of View perspective is the first Part written from?
2. Who is Kien's only companion as he starts these remembrances?
3. Why does the Truck Driver say that it is unsurprising that Kien has bad dreams?
4. What War did Kien Fight on, and on which side?
5. What sense suddenly gives Kien a memory of his wartime experiences?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)