|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, p. 1 – 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the American government go to War in Vietnam?
(a) To stop the spread of Communism through Asia
(b) To secure trade routes through the Asiatic sea
(c) To defend France
(d) At the behest of NATO
2. Why is it called the Jungle of Screaming Souls?
(a) Because of the monkeys that live there
(b) Because of the terrible battles that were fought there
(c) Because of the high winds in the area
(d) Because of an ancient legend associated with that area
3. What terrain does most of the war take place in?
(b) Jungles and Mountains
4. What political position did the North Vietnamese Hold?
5. What was the last 'fun' memory that Kien remembers having with his troops in Part 1?
(a) Of going out to a bar
(b) Of listening to music
(c) Of telling jokes
(d) Of having a card game with his platoon
Short Answer Questions
1. On whose side were the American's fighting during the Vietnam War?
2. What position did Kien hold in the War?
3. Who were responsible for the farmhouse girl's deaths?
4. What is Kien's job at the start of The Sorrow of War, while he is in the transport truck?
5. Who 'won' the Vietnam War?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)