|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, p. 39 – 72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kien find it so difficult to accept Tranh's death?
(a) Because he was once so alive and 'vital'
(b) Because Tranh had enough money to buy medicine
(c) Because he loved Tranh dearly
(d) Because Tranh was always so lucky
2. Who 'won' the Vietnam War?
(a) The British
(b) The Americans
(c) The North Vietnamese
(d) The South Vietnamese
3. In what years was the Vietnam War fought?
(a) 50's and 60's
(b) early 90's
4. What does Kien do, that causes the Truck Driver to wake him up?
(a) Cries out in his sleep
(b) He curses
(c) He fires his gun
(d) He punches the driver
5. What characterised the feelings that Kien had for warfare before it happened?
(c) Almost like Love
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kien think writing will achieve for him?
2. Why is it called the Jungle of Screaming Souls?
3. Why was Kien thinking about executing the commandos?
4. What did Kien's father warn him against?
5. What does Kien's father think Patriotim is opposed to, as seen in his quote?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)