|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, p. 39 – 72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lan?
(a) A friend
(b) Kien's sister
(c) Kien's mother
(d) A fellow soldier
2. What Point of View perspective is the first Part written from?
(a) Fourth Person
(b) Second Person
(c) Third Person
(d) First Person perspective
3. How does Kien think his body collecting job is different from his wartime experience?
(a) Body Collecting is more dangerous
(b) Body Collecting is a moral thing to do
(c) Body Collecting has no value to it
(d) Body Collecting pays better
4. How did Kien start on his road to recovery?
(a) He took a job as a body collector
(b) He saw the victory of the North Vietnamese against the South
(c) He talked to a doctor
(d) He killed his enemy who had insulted Phuong
5. Where is Kien at the start of the chapter?
(a) At the Market Place
(b) At the Library
(c) At the Supermarket
(d) At the School
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kien's primary method to exorcise his guilt about the Vietnamese War?
2. What was the last 'fun' memory that Kien remembers having with his troops in Part 1?
3. What form does Kien's writing take?
4. What happened to the farmhouse girls?
5. What does Kien do, that causes the Truck Driver to wake him up?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)