|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, p. 39 – 72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Kien hold in the War?
(a) Platoon commander
(c) Truck Driver
(d) Brigadier General
2. What War did Kien Fight on, and on which side?
(a) Guerillas, Combodia
(b) Communist China, Second World War
(c) North Vietnamese, Vietnam War
(d) Allied's, Second World War
3. Why did Kien become a body collector?
(a) Because he was head hunted for the job
(b) Because he needed the money
(c) To assuage some of his guilt concerning the war
(d) Because it meant he could be alone
4. What is the term for the sudden remembrances that Kien suffers throughout The Sorrow of War?
5. What does Kien think writing will achieve for him?
(a) It will make him famous
(b) It will make him rich
(c) It will show the world what Vietnam went through
(d) It transforms his experiences and memories and makes sense of them
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kien do, that causes the Truck Driver to wake him up?
2. Why did the American government go to War in Vietnam?
3. Who is Lan?
4. Who was Tranh?
5. Why does the Truck Driver say that it is unsurprising that Kien has bad dreams?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)