|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, p. 106 - 135.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Kien visit Tranh at the end of this chapter?
(a) To see him on his death bed, before he dies
(b) To ask for money
(c) To give him a gift
(d) To say sorry
2. What was Kien’s father’s job before the war?
(a) School Teacher
3. What disturbing memory does Kien have about his fellow troops at the Airport?
(a) That they looted Saigon
(b) That they destroyed the airport
(c) About their rough treatment of the bodies of the South Vietnamese
(d) That they all got drunk
4. Why is it called the Jungle of Screaming Souls?
(a) Because of the terrible battles that were fought there
(b) Because of the monkeys that live there
(c) Because of an ancient legend associated with that area
(d) Because of the high winds in the area
5. Who were responsible for the farmhouse girl's deaths?
(a) Kien's own platoon
(b) North Vietnamese Commandoes
(c) The South Vietnamese
(d) The Americans
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phuong finally say to Kien?
2. In Kien's memories, why had the man 'reverted to the wild'?
3. What does 'indoctrination' mean?
4. What colour does Kien's father use to paint with as he gets more depressed?
5. What almost happens between them?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)