|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, p. 180 – 211.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Phuong and Kien run off to whilst they are at school?
(a) To Australia
(b) To the beach
(c) To America
(d) To South Vietnam
2. What does Kien often wonder about his past colleagues?
(a) How many now lead settled and peaceful lives
(b) How many are still in the army
(c) How he can contact them
(d) If they are still alive
3. Why does Kien make his first 'kill'?
(a) To save his own life
(b) To serve his country
(c) To protect Phuong
(d) To save the life of his comrades
4. What does Kien discover about his fathers painting when he goes to warn him?
(a) That he faked them
(b) That he burnt them all
(c) That he sold them
(d) That he was rich
5. What almost happens between them?
(a) They almost make love
(b) They almost get married
(c) They almost run away together
(d) They almost argue
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kien live in the present day?
2. What form does Kien's writing take?
3. What perspective is the first part of this Part written from?
4. What was Kien’s father’s job before the war?
5. What does the letter urge him to do?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)