|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, p. 180 – 211.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phuong finally tell Kien about their future in the form of a note?
(a) That they will be married in the spring
(b) That they will be moving to America together
(c) That they will never see each other again
(d) That they will meet each other again some day
2. Who is the central character this Part is devoted to?
3. Why did Kien become a body collector?
(a) Because he was head hunted for the job
(b) Because he needed the money
(c) To assuage some of his guilt concerning the war
(d) Because it meant he could be alone
4. What sense suddenly gives Kien a memory of his wartime experiences?
(a) The sound of the marketplace
(b) The smells around him
(c) The taste of the food
(d) The sight of the people
5. Where did Kien meet Phuong?
(a) At school
(b) After the war
(c) On the battlefield
(d) In army training
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kien think writing will achieve for him?
2. What does Kien worry he should be doing with his writing?
3. Who was Tranh?
4. What form does Kien's writing take?
5. What relation was it who urged Kien against Patriotism?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)