|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, p. 180 – 211.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does 'indoctrination' mean?
(a) Teaching students about doctors
(b) Teaching a system of beliefs that limits the students freedom of thought
(c) Teaching things in threes
(d) Allowing students to think for themselves
2. What did this skill reveal to Kien?
(a) That she is not designed for warfare
(b) That she comes from a wealthy family
(c) That Phuong was destined to be a troubled soul
(d) That she will be famous one day
3. What do Kien's neighbors feel about Kien?
(a) They ridicule him
(b) They think that he is a spy
(c) They like him
(d) They distrust him
4. How did Kien get to know Lan during the war?
(a) He saved her life during the war
(b) She trained with him during Army Training
(c) He stayed at her house during Army Training
(d) She smuggled food for him
5. Who is the central character this Part is devoted to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kien's father think Patriotim is opposed to, as seen in his quote?
2. What does Kien feel about the process of writing a novel at the start of Part Six?
3. Who was Tranh?
4. What characterised the feelings that Kien had for warfare before it happened?
5. What was Kien's mother devoted to?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)